Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Banned
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Monday, 27th April 2009 at 3:24 pm

Blu-ray release of FF Advent Children, with included FFXIII demo, sees Sony trump opposition

Never doubt the appetite for all things Final Fantasy in Japan – sales of PS3 rocketed last week after the arrival of a playable demo of Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XIII on the Blu-ray release of CGI movie Final Fantasy: Advent Children Complete.

Sales of Sony’s machine hit 62,527, up a massive 274 per cent on the week before. All other consoles, in contrast, saw week-on-week sales decline.

Sony’s PSP was the second best selling machine, with unit sales reaching 40,065 (-2 per cent). Closely behind was the DSi with 38,287 sales – if the 6,438 sales of DS Lite were added then Nintendo’s machine would win the weekly portable hardware battle.

Wii shifted 13,221 units (-1 per cent), the Xbox 360 8,652 units (-14.62 per cent) and the PS2 4,320 units (-7 per cent).........

And some dare to say that Final Fantasy isn't saving PS3's ass. Give me a break........... :thumb:

JAPAN: PS3 sales surge 274% | Gaming Industry | MCV

·
Banned
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Final Fantasy XIII is already performing miracles even before being released.. It pumped up PS3 sales, getting it out of the mud it was stucked in.

After Final Fantasy.... Then what?

Sorry. Just had to take that out. Anyway. There's little interesting coming games that's PS3 only. All the games I want to play are already available on the PC.
Very true, very true.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Then Final Fantasy XIV, of course.
But damn, pretty sad that the PS3 can't sell itself.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
neither could the PSX.... although people forget that don't they...

·
Registered
8,815 Posts

·
Demon
1,205 Posts

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
neither could the PSX.... although people forget that don't they...
Well, here's hoping the PS3 has as great success then.

I can't tell if this post is a joke or not but what sells a console is it's game library. Atleast, that's what it used to be. Nowadays, it's probably which has better online support, better support for high definition material or some new gizmodoodad thing.
I think I meant that it's sad that they have to depend on one game to sell significantly. I did state it weirdly.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
Then Final Fantasy XIV, of course.
But damn, pretty sad that the PS3 can't sell itself.
Two things here. The PS3 has sold 22 million consoles to date.
Secondly, DUH. With the exception of the Wii and it's hype, a console is as successful as the titles available. How well do you think the 360 would have done without Halo?

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
I corrected myself now. And the fact that one DEMO of a game has more than doubled sales, it shows how many people were iffy about the thing before FF made its appearance.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
Better probably :p, Halo kills consoles.
Your opinion is not objective. Halo is, by far, the best selling xbox game series, despite my personal opinions of the game.
If you prefer, remove zelda and mario from nintendo's lineup and see how well they do.

Saying "PS3 only sold a certain number of consoles because of Final Fantasy" is obtuse. Every console has their staple game titles that people buy the console for.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
....read the entire post as a whole dude.

if the fact that 360's DIE so much wasn't known, it would sell better :p

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
BTW, here's some numbers:

Xbox 360 - 30million worldwide - out for 3.5 years
Playstation 3 - 22 million worldwide - out for 2.5 years

Xbox 360 - 8.6 million consoles sold per year average
Playstation 3 - 8.8 million consoles sold per year average.

It boggles me that the fanboy word-of-mouth still insists that the PS3 is this leper of an unsuccessful console. Does no one research?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
people go by rumour, its stupid.

I'd buy all 3 current consoles if funds allowed, (and the 360's lifetime was longer then 3 years)

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.