Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source : Tekken movie stars Jackie Chan, Batista, Ron Perlman? - PlayStation Portable News - PSP Updates
If The Internet Movie Database, or IMDb, has it right, then we're looking at the stars cast for the upcoming film based on the Namco Bandai fighting game series, Tekken. As it is, the cast listing indicates that Jackie Chan, WWE Superstar Dave Batista, and Ron Perlman are all in it. Who're they playing? Read up and find out.

To no surprise at all, Jackie Chan plays Lei Wulong. No argument here. The wrestler Batista plays the wrestler King, which is actually quite an interesting choice. Batista is huge, and he would have absolutely no problem chain-grabbing people on-set. Last is Ron Perlman, who plays Paul Phoenix. He already has the hair, they just need to yank it up a few more inches.

No matter who's playing who, however, I can't help but be so protective of my beloved Tekken. Hopefully, the Tekken movie will not go the way of DoA and Street Fighter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Do you approve?

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
First thought: This is gonna suck.

But upon further reading, this might kick ass. Jackie Chan as Lei, Batista as King, Ron Periman(who the hell is that ?) as Paul, its gonna kick ass.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Got to say i normally wouldn't expect much but they matched the actors for the roles very good, Jackie Chan as Lei is a great idea i can't really think of a Hollywood actor better suited for this roll, (to bad Bruce Lee is dead he would have been perfect for Law :p), Batista seems good for king, as for Ron Perlman:

You sure you don't know him ? oO anyway except the fact he is a little old (which probably can be resolved with some make up) he is also perfect for Paul imo.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
laws of games into movies will either suck bad (bar res evil, my opinion)

but it could be ........ interesting........

btw i would suggest Jet Li insted of bruce (due to being dead and all) for law.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Movies about games will lead to fail, its the universal truth... But still, I've liked every jackie chan movie so far just because of his awesome fighting so I might like this too!:D

...Although I don't care much for tekken!:p

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Hmmm, doesn't seem bad. Perlman is quite old for the Paul role though...he's supposed to be a pretty young guy, late 20s I believe.

I'll probably be only inclined to see this because of Jackie.

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Hmmm, doesn't seem bad. Perlman is quite old for the Paul role though...he's supposed to be a pretty young guy, late 20s I believe.
Lei is also supposed to be young, but Jackie is already in his 50's, so that particular excuse is quite invalid.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
Got to say i normally wouldn't expect much but they matched the actors for the roles very good, Jackie Chan as Lei is a great idea i can't really think of a Hollywood actor better suited for this roll, (to bad Bruce Lee is dead he would have been perfect for Law :p), Batista seems good for king, as for Ron Perlman:

You sure you don't know him ? oO anyway except the fact he is a little old (which probably can be resolved with some make up) he is also perfect for Paul imo.
There is no resemblance past pigments. Recast please.

The overall movie will suck but so far the cast is spot on
Your signature is over the forums rules btw.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
No resemblance ? oO common who has a longer head than Perlman ? Sorry i can really see (physically) a Hollywood actor more fit to this role (he just needs a wig or to grow some hair though :p), as for the integration considering makeup and such (like digital editing for example, don't forget megan fox in transformers was CG) in the movie he could look like in his 20's :p.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.