Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that Jabo released version 1.6.1 of his plugins. I'm sure that most N64 emulator users have installed & have gotten rid of his v1.6.0 plugins. Oops.

Let's say that you're playing the USA version of "Majora's mask", you're using Jabo_Direct3D8.dll (v1.6.1), you finally got the pictograph box, & you try to use it. The result is a pause that's long enough to make you wonder if the game/emulator has frozen, followed by a picture of solid pinkness (it's supposed to be a black & white picture of whatever you photographed). If you take the version 1.6.1 picture to Tingle's dad in the Tourist Information Center, he'll whine about how it didn't come from the swamp, even if it's a picture of Tingle or the deku king from before you defeated Oldolwa & you showed fatso the picture before you defeat Oldolwa.

Jabo_Direct3D8.dll (v1.6.0) works great with the pictograph box, so normally I'd tell you to download that from somewhere, rename it to Jabo_Direct3D8=1-6-0.dll, & put it in your N64 emulator's plugin folder along with v1.6.1 of the otherwise same plugin. However, trying to find Jabo_Direct3D8.dll (v1.6.0) is harder than it sounds, because it has mostly disappeared completely.

For this reason, I'm asking the MODS here if it's OK if I attach a zip file download in this topic containing Jabo_Direct3D8.dll (v1.6.0). Hopefully, somebody will say yes.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
I'm asking the MODS here if it's OK
No, its not.

Ask jabo for permission to restribute HIS plugins.

Also, what you are talking about has NEVER worked properly in Jabo's when Antialiasing has been used in the plugin configuration.

AND

1.6.0 and 1.6.1 both pause on the "flash" that appears when taking the picture. 1.6.0's was white rather than grey however.

Attachments are respectively
0xAA, 8xAA, 1.6.0 and 1.6.1
0x and 8x behave the same between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1

the long hang time is an unusual bug in the recompiler that can randomly work just fine, though more frequently and with a short hang duration if it does happen if you set the following

[5354631C-03A2DEF0-C:45]
Good Name=The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask (U)

you will find Use TLB is set to No,
change this to Yes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, I see now. I recently stopped using Anti-alising anyway so that I could take screenshots, but I noticed the bug before I stopped using it. It's too bad that PJ64's help files don't mention how to fix this, because the answer is NOT obvious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts