Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing FF7 today, and I turned the sound off so I could play my Mp3s... and I thought: "wouldnt it be phat to change the in game music?" I mean on the world map play something else besides that stuff... just change it out. Like play 'Lean Back' when you get into a battle instead of that stupid battle swirl music...

I just thought it would be cool to do something like that instead of the normal music... You can customize your ePSXe but what about the game itself? Now im not saying like "h4x0r" the game but just change a FEW minor things :)

^_^

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
That would be near impossible in my opinion. Not impossible but it would require so much time and effort it might as well be. You would have to recode and compile the game, write mp3 decoding scripts that are playstation playable. I think the emu guys would rather emulate the hardware 100%. And if you want music during your battle swirl, just press mute, and click play when the battle comes along.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
The PC version would probably be alot easier to replace files and such (aka: hack)

Heres an easy fix: Turn music off and sound effects louder then play your mp3's! Hey! look at that simple fix. :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>The PC version would probably be alot easier to replace files and such (aka: hack)

Been there, done that. There's been an FF music hack for ages for the PC.
It's not as silmple as you think about replacing the music, as it's not done on hte PSX in the same way that it's done on the PC.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
>>Been there, done that. There's been an FF music hack for ages for the PC.

Well there ya go ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts