Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
What do you mean? Can you be more specific? At least explain it a little better.

BTW - which PS3 controller driver are you using?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using the sixaxis one.
To be more specific, I got the controller recognized, and the buttons configured, but when I press ok, it doesn't select it.
The only pad I can select is multi-tap.

EDIT: so it's either multi-tap, or no analog.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Does the control settings screen look something like this?

View attachment 204756

You must select dual analog or dualshock to have analog support in ePSXe. Once you start a game, press F5 to switch to analog control.

BTW - Go here for better PS3 Sixaxis/Dualshock3 drivers. In 32bit, rumble is supported. Rumble is coming to 64bit in a newer release.

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
if you have a bios that supports the analog sticks and are playing a game that uses them like final fantasy 9, once the game starts it should auto turn on the analog sticks as that is what mine does at least so i never have to press f5 to get them to function.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So, now the controller isn't recognized.
And as for the driver you recommended,
In the instructions it says to reboot, press f8, and select something, but I couldn't find it.
I'm on windows xp if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Now it's recognized, but the buttons don't work.
Fml.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Read the instructions on the website carefully. I cannot stress this enough. And please make sure your previous driver is fully uninstalled.

In the instructions it says to reboot, press f8, and select something, but I couldn't find it.
I'm on windows xp if that makes a difference.
XP doesn't have that option as it doesn't enforce driver signing.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Then stop taking showers. The driver hates that.

Anyway, what do you mean "sixaxis driver"? The one one you were using or the one I recommended?

Again, please be more specific in your posts. We're not mind readers here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.