Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to psx emulation and im wondering if someone could help me with a few problems. im playing castlevania SOTN and everythings going fine until i start playing the game. the moving figures which includes Richter, and whoever else plus the background like the moonlit sky with the roiling clouds n'stuff, start overlapping one another and dont reset themselves. almost everything is black in colour and i cant see mi figures head cause the game's got somekinda shadowy effect goin on. could someone helpe me? tell me what im doing wrong. it would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im using the ePSXe1.6. the vid plugin is a Segu D3D 1.3, the sound is a Null2 audio 1.3, and the cdrom is set on Wnt/W2k core 1.5.2. The comp im using is a normal emachine. its got a dvd rom and a liteonit CD-RW drive below it. not too old mind.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
what's your graphics card? processor? we have to know it ;) if you want our help, anyway try Petes D3D or OGL 1.75 plugins or if you have quite powerful sys than Petes OGL2 plug, also AFAIK the best soundplugin is the Eternal 1.41 :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"its and emachine with a 130DVD drive. Its got and intel celeron processor. 897 MHz and 128 megabytes of RAM. sorry for the lack of infor above."

ill go ahead and try those plug ins you were telling me about. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh and my graphics card is just he default one the comp came with for now....i dont know what it is to be honest with you, but the one that i cant get working for the moment is a GeForce2 MX400 which is kind of a bummer cause that card kicks so much ass on NeverWinter and Diablo 2.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
pleased don't double post :) use the edit button insted :)
As for your config, Petes D3D 1.75plugin should work fine :) try those and post here what are the results :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry bout that, but yeh ive found D3D finally. i was looking for it but it wound up being an amalgam of drivers of sorts. ive tried using D3D 1.75 but its just a blank screen with the FPS counter at the top. i can hear the sounds and music and such but no picture. im fixing to try and find that damned GeForce software. maybe that will help .....ALOT. thanks for your help so far by the way guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.