Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
frankly speaking this game had the best storyline and the best battle system of all time. for a game like this to be sleeping like this just what is squarenix thinking i will admit there finalfantasys rock. But i wonder will square give the title to namco monolitsoft. The sad part is xenosaga ties into xenogears easily. I definitly think this title deserves a remake.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
moving to game/console disc. section.

kenshin ryoudo, in the future please make sure your thread is being created in a relevant section. if you cant decide or just dont know then PM me or any of the other staff members and we will tell you where it should go.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
frankly speaking this game had the best storyline and the best battle system of all time. for a game like this to be sleeping like this just what is squarenix thinking i will admit there finalfantasys rock. But i wonder will square give the title to namco monolitsoft. The sad part is xenosaga ties into xenogears easily. I definitly think this title deserves a remake.
I declined to play for more then the part where the protagonist leaves his village because of the boring battlesystem and lackluster plot.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That'd be pretty awesome, I love that game. But I hope they wouldn't lock it down to one system, that would mean no PC port.:thumb:

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
I declined to play for more then the part where the protagonist leaves his village because of the boring battlesystem and lackluster plot.
My dear sir, you have no idea what you've missed out on...seriously. Fei leaving the village hasn't even dented what the game is all about. You basically just played the demo version.

The plot develops into the best I've seen in any game to date, hands down.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My dear sir, you have no idea what you've missed out on...seriously. Fei leaving the village hasn't even dented what the game is all about. You basically just played the demo version.

The plot develops into the best I've seen in any game to date, hands down.
True that, I just wanted to keep going and before I knew it I had been playing all night. I agree, it is a master piece.:thumb:

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
just: :rotflmao:,its pretty much as skore said, also this game has one of the coolest battle system and story, it would deserve a remake though Square are fools especially now and i dont think there will be one (PS: remember what they did with disk 2).

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
just: :rotflmao:,its pretty much as skore said, also this game has one of the coolest battle system and story, it would deserve a remake though Square are fools especially now and i dont think there will be one (PS: remember what they did with disk 2).
Well I already played Xenosaga and the battle system is very similar..............only Xenosagas is far more developed.......the story got me bored because its opening is very similar to tales of symphonia(boy gets exiled because bad people come for him in his village.)

Of course this just shows that I'm spoiled from last gens rpgs and the FF series..........I might take another look at it, eventually.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
This is one of those games that i love but never finished. The problem with this game is that if i stop playing it for more than a month, i can't remember where i am and what to do.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
xenogears was going to be remade since xenosaga game series was originally intended to be 6 games but ended up with a trilogy with next 3 games bieng scrapped due to budget, also note that 6th xenosaga game that was going to be released was going to be xenogears... and initially at the beginning of the development of first xenosaga game, it was intended to go further than the six games, it just the developers wanted to make the six games and things went well they wouldve went with further games....

pity the series died again, xenogears was originally intended to have prequels and sequels too, maybe its a curse with game series

a real pity because i loved the plot in xenogears, and sure while xenosaga plot doesnt even compare to xenogears, i did hope it plot becomes decent when it reaches xenogears plot but was seriously dissapointed when it turned out to be a trilogy, still i liked xenosaga but xenogears is god of rpgs when it came to plot, seriously it literally felt like reading a top notch novel, a pity the game is as tough as sleeping on a bed of nails because i never finished xenogears although once i have time i probably play the game again and finally finish it

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I like Xenogears but I can't imagine it being a big seller on the PS3.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Well I already played Xenosaga and the battle system is very similar
If that were the case, I wouldn't have wished Xenosaga's battle system was as good as Xenogears. On the outset, they're similar, but Xenogears adds in cool skills activated by button combos later on. I'm pretty sure you can't get those before leaving the village.

Of course this just shows that I'm spoiled from last gens rpgs and the FF series..........I might take another look at it, eventually.
I'd say Xenogears' plot is deeper than all the FFs.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
It takes its time at the beginning, but it picks up quickly, and the whole ride is awesome. You have to play it in its entirety.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If they remade xenogears before ff7, I think the majority of gamers, myself included, would:

Dude we are not going to see a FF7 remake for a very long time. :(
Square-Enix is going to keep that in their back pocket for the next 10yrs! :cry:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It definitely has a great battlesystem, which unfortunately is so overused and abused by random encounters that I decided to throw aside the game out of frustration.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I pray for a remake everynight before going to sleep.
As do I... Let us hope that our prayers don't fall on def ears, that the Gods of Game grant us a miracle, and the gift of awesomeness! :nod:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.