Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like not everyone has left the xbox scene.. otherwise you would never have seen this post.

It has been a while since my last post here at NGemu, and also because of things like a new job and stuff i did not have the time to work on Dxbx anny more.

FIRST THINGS FIRST... posting here does not say i`m working again on Dxbx again..
But the old days are still missed.. (not the few hours sleep and not getting up for work times because we have coded to long on the project and needed to go back to work the next day)..

No those times are not the most funny parts.. but building something that after years of hard work.. finally get to work..

The thrill of working hard on something and see the result of the first screens working.
Games that show there first images or even complete animations.

That are the thrills that every emulator programmer have when they work on a emulator and book progress at there work.

I downloaded the code again.. and still compiling. :)
Thats all i can say for now.

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
If you ever decide to play around with the code perhaps starting with symbol scanner would be the best way to increase compatibility. In any case its good to see ya back :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has been a while since the last time i have looked into the code.

So it would take a while to get all info back again..
Tested some samples again.. and played bit around with the settings.

That scanning part is a hard piece of code, made by patrick. i have never looke that deep into that piece of code :(
Also the port to OpenGl is something i completely lost it.

But im looking into it.. thats already better then do nothing at all.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Glad to see that you're looking at the code. If you need any testers, I'll be glad to help out.

P.S My apologies for tuesday, I forgot to mention I had class in the evening. :dead:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah ok. was already looking forward to do some testing with the samples.
But better luck next time.
Prehaps this weekend..

About the pattern scanning part... its a hard piece of code.. looked bit deeper in it.
But it is hard to find misplaced patterns without knowing if they need to be hit or not.

Some people already given me the youtube links of cxbx that is running the Dashboard.
That is realy nice to see. Did not ask for the xbe .. but it is nice to have. because then you have things to work for.

But thats for now.. back to work for now :) its almost weekend ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts