Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using an old GamePad Pro for a while now, which has no joystick. As it has become a real pain, I've decided to buy a new controller.

It's a very generic USB controller (looks exactly like a PS2 controller) which has 2 joysticks. Now, it works just fine for the most part and the computer recognizes it just fine. the only problem is that I can't get the controls right for P64. Here's a pic if it helps.

Now when I go to set my controls, P64 recognizes the left analog stick and the control pad as my movement buttons. And it recognizes the 4 main buttons on the right. No problems with those. But for some reason, the right analog stick is being recognized the same as the 4 main buttons. So P64 thinks that moving the Analog left is the same as pressing the left button. And the Analog Right is the right button... and so on. I want the right analog stick to be a separate joystick so I can set the C-buttons to it. I've tried messing with the configuration in control panel and it seems like it should be fine.

I bought this controller so I could basically use it as a GameCube controller. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
enable analogue before configuring the dpad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that seems logical, right? Only problem is, the joystick doesn't activate (on the configuration screen) when analog is ENABLED. But when analog is DISABLED, the joystick works just like the buttons. -_-

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
thats because you need to activate analogue before starting the application.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
post a screenshot (alt+prntscrn) of the game controllers properties screen (control panel)

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
try using the nrage v2 plugin,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.