Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if this has been answered or not but am i right in saying that if a game has cd audio tracks (cdda audio tracks) like in tomb raider 1,2 that it plays as game music, will those tracks not be played if i make an iso of the game and run it through epsxe's internal iso support?
:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't know if the format gets changed from cda to what ever. But I use TSG's CD plugin to stop cda. I think that's the one.
Though it still tries reading the data (cda), but doesn't play it. Mmm?
I don't use pete's because it has fits trying to read the cda! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by Bobby
Im not sure if this has been answered or not but am i right in saying that if a game has cd audio tracks (cdda audio tracks) like in tomb raider 1,2 that it plays as game music, will those tracks not be played if i make an iso of the game and run it through epsxe's internal iso support?
:)
You are correct :)
The way round this is to mount the ISO image as a CDROM drive, using something like DAEMON Tool, and then tick the box in the MultiMedia control panel about playing CDROM audio tracks digitally. This will allow Windows to stream the CDDA data off the ISO itself, and play it back through the soundcard. I believe this needs fully compliant WDM audio drivers, otherwise that tickbox is greyed out. I haven't tried this myself, but I believe this should work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts