Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
I use cdrwin...... www.goldenhawk.com..... get the free demo. Its can rip cd's with ease..... just use the correct settings.....
diskimage/cue sheet, RAW, Ignore Error recovery, auto jitter correction, auto subcode analysis, read recount to 10... the rest leave alone..... It will make one bin file and one cue sheet(to burn the image onto a cdr).... Use epsxe "run iso" option and point it at the bin file.......

·
Registered
513 Posts
>if you knew how to make iso using nero burning rom program
You can't, to the best of my knowledge. It creates images in its own format, .nrg.

B

·
0 Posts
use isobuster

its free and its small to download and it took me about 5 secs to figure out how it worked

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hmmm. I don't think CloneCD is free unless there's a demo I forgot about. Actually I got it free, but not legaly.
Anyway I have a question. Whats the difference between nero's image file and CDRwin file? I ask this because if it actually makes the image a different way then maybe it won't work, but if the only difference is the file's extention then it will work. Same with CloneCD which makes .img files and you just change the files of type in the "Run ISO" window in epsxe to "all files" to run it. Did that make sense? Anyway this isn't just a speculation, I've gotten this to work with CloneCD.

·
Registered
513 Posts
>Whats the difference between nero's image file and CDRwin[
>file?
Though I can't say for certain, I believe Nero adds track and disc information that a typical ISO doesn't typically handle.* Likewise, they become incompatible with utilities and applications that read "straight" ISO. There's been previous posts about experimentation with .nrg files and (to the best of my knowledge) they weren't met with success.

*Why does CDRWin work then, you ask? Notice that when you create a .bin file it'll also save a file named .cue, which is just plain text that details the session placement and the like. Since these are seperate, I'd imagine that CDRWin doesn't resort to saving information within the image file.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts