Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I notice any performance differences between mounting my backup using alcohol 120 and a cd plugin, or using the iso plugin directly? I got kh2 running at near 100% and need just a little extra boost to stop flickering in parts of the menu caused by vu/frame skip

amd64 x2 2.5ghz (2.9 oc)
ati x1600
2gb ram
Vista Ultimate x64 (xp partition for pcsx2)

gsdx890 1.14
dx9, 800x600, texture filter, nloop, log z, alpha correction

zerospu2 0.4.6
time scaling

All versions of pcsx2 run about the same (pg and the latest builds up to r566) and i get no problems with all speed hacks on. It's just that vu skip and frame skip causes flickering in the menus at higher resolutions. Or is there a specific version of gsdx that would work better for kh2? (i cant use dx10)

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Flickering is caused at parts of the game which are normally fast and do not require frame skipping to run at normal speed. You can stop the flickering by pressing the F4 key.
F4 key is used to toggle the frame skip modes, so when you experience flickering press F4 and when you get in-game press F4 until you get your desired result i.e., VU skip.
Using the ISO plugin will be the best option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
wow, thanks man! will definitely do that up.... I love playing at high resolutions (which is why i dont play on my ps2) and that was the only thing keeping me from 100 percent

btw is there a specific gsdx that is best for kingdom hearts 2?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts