Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. I'm new to this whole playstation emulator thing.. I know that it runs playstation games (though not always perfect), but I heard a lot about these ISOs and how they umm.. can be burned or something to the computer? I was wondering how I can do that? I have Final Fantasy VIII that I borrowed from a friend. I gotta return it soon, so I was wondering how i can turn it into an ISO so i can play it without the discs. Can someone give me a step-by-step of how to do this? I have Alcohol 120%.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
use cdrwin,iso producer from aldostools.com,alcohol120%.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried using alcohol 120% as well as Isoproducer, but everytime they get to 95% complete, they say that there has been an error. It happens with every game I try. Does anyone have a suggestion that might help me?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
turn off subchannel reading. it's probable that your drive doesnt support subchannel reads, so it freezes right there. if you are in NTSC territory this isnt a big deal anyway.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
i'm always playing right off the iso, ignoring the sub file altogether. i'd be very surprised if you actually NEEDED the sub. so disabling it should cause no problems.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
It could also occur if the game is copy protected. This would not allow you to read some sectors and therfore you may have to find a way around it which I do not think I can discuss in this forum. (This all assuming you actually do own the original! ;))

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Silentsss said:
Hi.. I'm new to this whole playstation emulator thing.. I know that it runs playstation games (though not always perfect), but I heard a lot about these ISOs and how they umm.. can be burned or something to the computer? I was wondering how I can do that? I have Final Fantasy VIII that I borrowed from a friend. I gotta return it soon, so I was wondering how i can turn it into an ISO so i can play it without the discs. Can someone give me a step-by-step of how to do this? I have Alcohol 120%.
I oughta smack you with a newspaper. This is illegal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.