1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
epsx 1.4, windows 98 SE, directx 8.
1) epsx.exe -loadbin <iso>
does not work.. it seems the parameter is ignored :)

2) I tried to create images for 4 games (with cdrwin), two of them do not work (crash 2, tombraider 4). Screen goes black..and thats all
(when running ISOs of the games). It works, when
run from CD (with same settings).

An ideas ?

Michal

PS: Continue/Reset from menu crashes epsx always, windows only ocassionaly :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
If the bin is not in the same directory as the epsxe executable then you have to include the full path to it in the command line when using -loadbin. Also if you have any spaces in the name or the path you have to put quotes around it i.e. -loadbin "c:\PSX\Game ISOs\Legend of Mana.bin" and so forth. Also you have to disable the gui -nogui for it to work. If using epsxecutor then just uncheck the gui.

As to your problems with the actual isos, I really don't have too much to tell you except to just use the originals. You can try some different software to make them but cdrwin should work just fine, it has always worked for me no complaints. Which really doesn't help you much, sorry!

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Dark Watcher, isn't it illegal the stuff in the site you mentioned? You should remove the link.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by gerbilcannon
If the bin is not in the same directory as the epsxe executable then you have to include the full path to it in the command line when using -loadbin. Also if you have any spaces in the name or the path you have to put quotes around it i.e. -loadbin "c:\PSX\Game ISOs\Legend of Mana.bin" and so forth. Also you have to disable the gui -nogui for it to work. If using epsxecutor then just uncheck the gui.
:) Nice. I am 34, unix admin.. believe me: full, absolute and correct path was the first I tried :) I tried various ways... but, and that may be problem, -nogui was not the option I wrote every time... I'll try it again. Thanks !

As to your problems with the actual isos, I really don't have too much to tell you except to just use the originals. You can try some different software to make them but cdrwin should work just fine, it has always worked for me no complaints. Which really doesn't help you much, sorry! [/B]

I succeeded to run ISO of Crash2 yesterday, with scph1001 BIOS (I was using 1000 before). Also some progres in TombRaider4, some start menu appears, but after that black screen again...

Thanks to all for your help.. battle goes on :)
Michal

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by majkl
I succeeded to run ISO of Crash2 yesterday, with scph1001 BIOS (I was using 1000 before). Also some progres in TombRaider4, some start menu appears, but after that black screen again...
Can't give you much help, since I don't have any of this games, but make sure you're using either SCPH1001 and SCPH7502. These are the recommended BIOS files for ePSXe.

Also, did you check the compatibility list at PSX Fanatics? Maybe there's something there to help you.

[]s Badaro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts