Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is reading from an ISO faster (better) than reading of a CD?

P.S. Where can I download the psxmemtool? there was a link in other threads to this programm, but i still can't find it.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
Depends where the ISO is being kept :) Well, it's definately faster, the files are always read faster from HDD than from a CD, it's rather obvious :)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
as long as your HDD is faster than your CD ROM, then yes its faster to read it off HDD (so thats basically YES all the time unless youhave a really slow hdd T_T)

anyway, i cant find psxmemtool either. i remember using it a long time ago...and it is awesome. cant find it these days though....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone e-mail me this tool (psxmemtool) on [email protected] ? That would be really nice... and its really faster reading of HDD (for me)... for example the "movie" intro is better now. When it reads from a CD it comes only to 30 FPS and now 36....

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Depending on wich cd plugin you are using, how it is configured, and if your cd drive is working correctly, you can achieve perfect speed from the cd. Peops cd plugin in its async and thread modes is great at that.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
i installed it and i get the error: This application has failed to start because PBVM60.dll was not found. googling it gives me a lot of pages in chinese....and the english results arent too hot either.

·
Registered
183 Posts
read the Readme.txt file that came with it, found a dead link to a .zip file, which I then googled and found.
These are the two DLLs you will need. Just extract them to where you installed psmemtool and it should run fine!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i tryed the links u gave i still get same error as the other people

missing the pbdwe60.dll and pbvm60.dll they are in the folder on my desktop with the program in the file and still no luck i wanna hit up second disk to ff9 so bad i dont want to start over again :???:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Edit,actually.... nvm, that issue was caused by using a packer on the runtime.

if the application can't find the dll's when its on a folder in the desktop, then move it off the desktop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Edit,actually.... nvm, that issue was caused by using a packer on the runtime.

if the application can't find the dll's when its on a folder in the desktop, then move it off the desktop.
Thanks Squall! I moved the .dll files to the folder that the memtool was installed in (under program files) and it worked great! :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts