Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya
is an ISO just am Image and copy of the PSX cd which is stored on ur harddrive?and for Driver2 will it work and does anyone have an idea of the amount of space it will take?if i remember correctly then Driver2 has 2 CDs so does this mean i need 1.2gb of space for the ISO. anyhelp would be great so that i can do some planning.

Can u make backups of Playstations CDs that will work on the PC using the Emulator? or will they not work at all. i am pretty sure i know that copies wont work on the playstation.

thanks

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Yes that would be more or less correct. It might need a liitle more than 1.2 though. More like 1.3 or 1.4.

Yes most backups will run in the emulator. In fact in some cases (FF9 uk for example) only the backup (or a patched iso) will run.

Oh and the psx will play backups if it has a mod chip fitted... so long as the game doesn't have "anti-mod" protection. But them again if it does the original won't play in the emu (see above).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

thanks Betamax,that makes sense. Driver2 should copy and play in the emulator from wot i have read.

The graphics from the the playstation for Driver2 on my friends TV (28inch) look very blocky. will they be smoother and more ass a PC displays a game over the computer due to things like 3d accelerators etc? or does it depend on the computer and in which case does this sound good enough.i am not sure about how powerful PLaystations are compared to PCs

900mhz, 256mb ram and voodoo 32000? i know thats way above the recommened spec for the emulator but will it play the games (najely driver2!) as well as a playstation?

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
It will play even better than on the psx. With the right plugins and config, you can enable bilinear filtering and other stuff that makes the game look better than on a tv.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Again

thanks. i am still playing on the configuration,i am just getting DiscDump to let me copy an Image of the CDs to play from cause this should make it faster as i understand and i think this will solve the occaicional jump in the game where it pauses and judders for a second.

still working on the graphics!!

thanks for ur help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts