Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made a .iso file of Final Fantasy VIII (Disc 1), and it's not working. I tried using MagicISO, then I tried Nero, and it still won't work. These are the files I'm putting into the .iso:

Final Fantasy 8 [PSX][PAL][DISC 1].ccd (Size: 772 bytes)
Final Fantasy 8 [PSX][PAL][DISC 1].cue (Size: 100 bytes)
Final Fantasy 8 [PSX][PAL][DISC 1].img (Size: 698 MB)
Final Fantasy 8 [PSX][PAL][DISC 1].sub (Size: 28.5 MB)

Are there certain settings I should have activated/deactivated? Should I change something? Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: All that is showing is a black screen. The ISO loads, and the controller thing appears in the top right corner, but nothing else shows after that. Just a black screen.

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
I made a .iso file of Final Fantasy VIII (Disc 1), and it's not working. I tried using MagicISO, then I tried Nero, and it still won't work. These are the files I'm putting into the .iso:

Final Fantasy 8 [PSX][PAL][DISC 1].ccd (Size: 772 bytes)
Final Fantasy 8 [PSX][PAL][DISC 1].cue (Size: 100 bytes)
Final Fantasy 8 [PSX][PAL][DISC 1].img (Size: 698 MB)
Final Fantasy 8 [PSX][PAL][DISC 1].sub (Size: 28.5 MB)

Are there certain settings I should have activated/deactivated? Should I change something? Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: All that is showing is a black screen. The ISO loads, and the controller thing appears in the top right corner, but nothing else shows after that. Just a black screen.
It's quite strange to have the pal version in the usa since it's vastly inferior.
The version holds practically no import value.

...but your problem most likely resides in it being the pal version of the game,
you'll need to be able to create a .ppf patch file from the subchannel data to play pal ff games after 7

There's plenty of topics with info regarding the issue.
http://forums.ngemu.com/problems-games/94547-another-ffviii-problem-lawl.html
http://forums.ngemu.com/problems-games/89672-ffviii-black-screen.html

Edit: try this too
use ASPI instead of IOCTL, i get the same issue with psx, most other emuls work with IOCTL just fine, but psx doesn't like my drive/drivers for some reason.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
CDRSAPU 1.2 + EPSXE 1.7
Drive required = DVD-RW.

read the faq,

1. DO NOT CONVERT FROM 1 FORMAT TO ANOTHER
2. PAL GAMES REQUIRE SUBCHANNEL DATA TO BYPASS PROTECTIONS
3. .ISO DOES NOT CONTAIN SUBCHANNEL DATA

the game is already in a format that will work, go to run iso and select the ccd file.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you could rip as iso from iso buster but have to extract it as rar epsxe has pal and ntsc and i was able to play ff7 on ntsc by accident so it should work.

You could just change it to pal to see if it works.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Cecil, FFVII is not protected the same way, infact FFVIII NTSC is not protected.

only PAL FFVIII and FFIX are protected and require subchannel data to boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts