Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't no$gba supposed to run NDS games? When ever I try to run on, it just says:

Could not read the rom correctly.
Please reset the console
and reinsert the rom.

How can I fix this?

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
You don't really need BIOS files to play ds games. Only some games does require it. Anyways, which version of the emu are you using, and can you post a your emu's setting?

·
mmm... Mammoth steak
87 Posts
If you use 2.6 (the free version) make sure you use the right nds cartridge backup media option ,If you use 2.6a set the nds cartridge backup media to auto.You don't need the bios if your roms are not encrypted but you need the firmware to play any of the nds games

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No$gba works perfectly in most cases. The problem in this case is a savetype issue, refer to the FAQ in my sig for further information and solutions (No$gba DS FAQ 2.0).

In almost all cases no$gba no longer needs the BIOS or the firmware files to run the games correctly.
(Just to perhaps clarify your statement to you IRCaveman, no$gba requires the game to be encrypted if it's loaded through the firmware. Neither the firmware or encryption or the BIOS is required almost all the time though. (loading through the firmware is bypassed by changing no$gba's startup/entrypoint setting to load the catridge directly))

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
If you load through the firmware then all your games must be encrypted otherwise they crash on start.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
So you only read one post and then give up?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's funny, because in most cases you don't need the firmware to run the game, but now he admitted to not having a DS. So in the unlikely case that he buys DS games just to look at, he's pirating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.