Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'll say that I don't like Bleem! Inc one bit and think it's stupid how they just stopped updating their PC version. But is what Sony's doing ie. telling retails not to carry a competitors product, legal? If it isn't I think it should be.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
With use of some laws of U.S , it is Ilegal , becuase of the fact it ain't a direct product for PSX , but for DC , 2º it needs a "Original" game to work , 3º the process could only be stoped by Sega not by Sony ,etc etc...

S

·
0 Posts
But it is taking Sonys software and allowing it to be used on a rival console and without Sony's permission or any royalties to Sony for the use of their software. That would make it legal for Sony to attempt to stop it, but I don't think it will happen. At least not here in the USA. Both court cases, Connectix and Bleem. were held here in California where I live. Sony lost both cases repeatedly, until bleem! disappeared for a while and Sony bought VGS from Connectix. Buying VGS from Connectix does not mean that Sony won, rather I would think that it means that Sony was tired of losing and figured this was the only way to stop VGS. As for bleem!, once bleem! for PC stopped and bleem! went away, Sony laid off, pretty much. But once bleemcast came out, Sony got angry and started in again. I think that Sony is worried that people will "snap" up remaining DCs to play PC games on and ignore the PS2. Sony does not want this, since the Game Cube, GBA, and X-Box are due out soon and Sony needs all the power they can muster to compete against these three. Will Sony win against bleem!, I doubt it, they haven't yet.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
Most retailers are once again selling it, and bleem!, inc. is going to announce the next pak soon...

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
If Sony wants to muster some strength to compete against X-Box and GC, they ought to do it by getting some good games for the PS2.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If Sony thinks it's wrong for a company to make software to run its games on a rival console, it should take them to court. Forcing retaillers to stop carrying the product of a small company like Bleem! is just wrong. If you could do this, Intel could have just said to all retailers a few years ago (when AMD was even smaller and their chips weren't that good) if you carry AMD we won't supply you with Intel. It would have wiped AMD out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes

I think that the practice of forcing other companies to not cary a rival companies products with those types of tactics is an anti-trust matter that *could* land a company in federal court like Microsoft.

Just a thought ;-)

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
Most retailers are once again selling it, and bleem!, inc. is going to announce the next pak soon...
which seems to be ff9....
at least, that's what I think when looking the screenshots at their site...and the right game to choose too!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
ok , they choed us FF9 , but i personaly think , it won't be released !!! Sony is Angry , very angry , how khnows what tgey are Planing

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Zell
ok , they choed us FF9 , but i personaly think , it won't be released !!! Sony is Angry , very angry , how khnows what tgey are Planing
oh, I think it WILL be released....just wondering for how long...

S

·
0 Posts
I agree w/Samor. FF 9 for DC WILL be released. How long? Sony will try to stop it, bleem! will fight back if necessary, Sony will go to court if necessary, bleem! will respond, bleem! will win...........repeat as many times as you like.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Of course, odds are it'll only work with FF9 US, Japan, and maybe patched non-UK PAL.

As for an antitrust suit, yeah it could, but it never will. Bleem is far too insignificant of a company for anyone to bother.

And as to why sony would do it? Probably more due to not wanting any press taken away from the PS2 durring E3. As a product, they could probably care less right now, but as a concept, they'd much rather the gaming press focus on GT3 then GT2.

C

·
0 Posts
bleem! wouldn't release it if it didn't play the non-patched versions of the game...

S

·
0 Posts
Good advice Zell. Be patient and wait is almost always the best policy.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 15 of 15 Posts