Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine gave me his agp video card to check it bu i can't find the problem.
When i insert it in the agp slot it's not being detected by windows. IS as if there is nothing in the agp slot.
I tried installing some drivers but nothing is detected (it tells me there is not nvidia card).

The card has 3 leds. Frr, power and agp4/8x.
Just the first one is lit and the rest are turned off. Downloaded the manual And nothing is mentioned.
I don't know if the leds must be on when everything is ok or when something is bad.

Any input?
The card is Leadtek a340 tdh. (Geforcefx 5200).

In th picture you can see the frr led which is the only one lit when the pc is on.

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
hmm , from the sound of it, if windows cant see it, it either not all the way into the slot, or if its dead.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
can you get any thing out of it? Can you get the BIOS screen?

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its all the way into the agp slot.
Seta-San: I can't see the bios screen, nothing. That's the problem. The power and agp leds in the card are not lit when i power on the pc. I don't know if they should always turn on if the video card is ok or they turn on when there are problems.

·
Registered
331 Posts
if it was working, then you'd get some sort of display upon flipping the power switch on your computer. if nothing is displaying, and no action is coming from the graphics card, then its most likely dead. btw, is there a fan on the graphics card?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
In the same way that you can enable the extra pipelines on a 6800 and not get any artifacts in 2d, but for it to look terrible in 3d. Good thing mine don't do that ;)

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
mg2 said:
How can the graphics card be dead if you are getting a picture on the screen?
hah was just thinking that!! im guessing you have onboard video?? if so make sure you have another card handy (just in case this doesnt work) disable the onboard video then boot into windows.

if you havent got a spare card you can try it, but you will have to reset the CMOS jumper if it doesnt work

·
Registered
61 Posts
refraction said:
hah was just thinking that!! im guessing you have onboard video?? if so make sure you have another card handy (just in case this doesnt work) disable the onboard video then boot into windows.

if you havent got a spare card you can try it, but you will have to reset the CMOS jumper if it doesnt work
Yeh I knew somebody that installed a graphics card but didnt change the BIOS settings so when they pluged the monitor in the VGA slot in they got no picture on the screen.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
mg2 said:
Yeh I knew somebody that installed a graphics card but didnt change the BIOS settings so when they pluged the monitor in the VGA slot in they got no picture on the screen.
thats what i was thinking, gotta be something silly like that

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeh and they also pluged in the vga cable to the onboard graphics and when windows booted it detected the new card but you couldnt install the drivers

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
wow it seems as though youve got a variety of problems. the leads not turning on may be due to an incorrect motherboard setup, windows not detecting the agp card is probably due to your agp drivers for your motherboard not being properly installed. try placing the card in another or someone elses computer to see if it works.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts