Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that if you install windows XP, and after that when U change any component of your hardware..you will get the Windows Corrupted.......!..I experienced such a thing.........I installed win XP and I changed my ram after that..I got some bugs in the windows.........!

I dunno where to fit this topic.......so sorry for that........!

Ali

B

·
0 Posts
You're here for so long, you should really know into which forum this belongs. Moved.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Corrupted in what manner? It's true that if you change three particular pieces of hardware within XP it'll trigger the re-registration procedure, but it most certainly shouldn't 'corrupt' (that is, cause the OS to fail) the OS. In fact, I just recently installed a new 256M stick and it works fine.

>I got some bugs in the windows
Well that's a given, now isn't it? ;) Really though, are you sure they're bugs caused by the OS and not from some program left over from a previous install?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Windows "experient" still ain't that experient , just keep the old windows ! Specialy if you like games with more then 2 years ! And IE 6 is another story no Netscape plugins , No java !

·
Registered
965 Posts
Your post is gibberish compacted together to form nonsense..

First, it's 'eXPerience'.

Second, WinXP is quite compatible with older games and applications.

Third, who says you have to use IE for browsing? I don't, and probably never will again..

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
>Your post is gibberish compacted together to form nonsense..
I wouldn't say that to anyone.............!:(:(:(

>You're here for so long, you should really know into which forum this belongs. Moved.
I'll be carefull next time!, I apologize.......!... I posted this thread in a hurry as I was going to attend my university and I was getting late...!

Okay now back to the topic.....what I faced was that I installed windows XP, I used it for 2 to 3 days without erros. My brother came to me and said that he thought his computer ram had some problem so he gave it to me and I tested it on my PC, with windows XP. Then after and installed my own ram again I got this wired bug.

The windows used to load correcly, but it gave no responce to Windows XP bunddled utilties, like Media Player,outlook, but it did ran other programs like Winamp, MSword etc etc......after about 6 mins the computer sort of started working again.........all things work.........! whats that............!

Ali

·
Registered
310 Posts
the ram that you installed maybe loose(good thing Windows protection error thing didn't happen 2 you) it happened to me once then my friend from a computer shop told me to check if it is fastened correctly he even told me to rub an eraser at the ram's connector but i didn't do it, I just pushed it firmly

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I got my new motherboard, cpu, and RAM, I tried placing the 128MB stick from my old motherboard into my roommate's computer. His computer booted fine, but as soon as it loaded Windows (Millennium), all hell broke loose. It was getting all kinds of funky errors, so I took my RAM back out, and it was back to normal.

I'd say check to make sure it's pushed in good and tight first. If that doesn't help, then try taking the new stick(s) of RAM out and see if the problem goes away. If it does after that, then you'll probably need to do a clean install of Windows with the new RAM.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Originally posted by CD

Third, who says you have to use IE for browsing? I don't, and probably never will again.. [/B]
Hey CD which browser do you use. Second thing which i wanted to know is that whether theres a particular reason you don't use IE apart from the fact that IE 6 does not support java and netscape plugins.
Thanks

·
Registered
965 Posts
I use Mozilla.

I had heard about Mozilla a long time ago (somewhere around M18), and decided to give it a try. It appealed to me, but it wasn't ready to be my default browser yet..

I followed each release, and at about 0.8.x, I started using it as my default browser. I prefered the interface, I prefered the renderer, etc..

And since 0.9.0 and up, Mozilla's been improving in leaps and bounds..

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Mozilla is much better than IE, imho. If you haven't tried it lately (or at all), do so. I didn't like it at earlier releases, but it's really quite the browser now.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Sign me up to that as well. I've been using it since 0.8 when they added auto proxy config support (ie as soon as I was able too). As the releases go on it gets more stable and feature continue to improve. Plus the tabbed browsing is great.

ps good to see ya m8!

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
Originally posted by ice2hot

Hey CD which browser do you use. Second thing which i wanted to know is that whether theres a particular reason you don't use IE apart from the fact that IE 6 does not support java and netscape plugins.
Thanks
It doesn't? Hmm, that's funny, I can run java just fine. Maybe it's because I upgraded to it or something. Plus I don't particularly like java anyways, what with all the pop-up wnidows and shit. And I don't think IE's that bad. Since version 5 it's been pretty good (previous versions blew hard; crashed way too frequently). I used to use Netscape but it takes up 40 MB of space, and IE can do everything that Netscape can and loads faster. On my limited 8.4 GB hard drive I have to cling to every byte I can get. :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
WinXP comes with no MS JVM, so you must have Sun's runtime, or something similiar.

If you install IE6 on a non-XP box, it will be fine, since you already have a JVM..

NS plugin support was dropped to push developers to the ActiveX shit..

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmmm......I guess the topic is changed......oh well its just okay....!

Ali

1 - 16 of 16 Posts