Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be getting FPS rates this high and at a stable rate? The only problem is that I am not getting any picture, and only a black screen. Let me know what you all think of this. BTW I haven't gotten anything other than a black screen, so maybe someone can help me with this?

I use all of the default settings and my bios is SCPH39001 and the graphics is set to Direct3D with Pixel Shader 3.0

·
Programmer/Animator
262 Posts
did you read bostimons configuration guide
could be something to do with configuration
see this : bostimons configuration guide
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58506

and next bit of advice, what kinda graphics card,ram,processor do you use? it can be faulty, and did you have a CD in or was it run only to emulate the BIOS?

Man could you be a bit more specific about the problem.. Only then can anyone help you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are my system specs:

Pentium 4 2.4GHz (overclocked to 2.5)
NVidia GeForce 6800GT OC 256MB
512MB RAM
Windows XP Pro
Other things that don't matter...

(once I get the AMD 3500+ I should see a sharp increase in framerate)

I ran the emulator so that it would read the disc off of my hard drive (ie the ISO image of the DVD). Each game is a whopping 5GB each so I am not keeping them on for long :eyemove:

As for the emulator plugins, I used all of the default ones except for the sound output one which was the one put up in the configuration guide. The other thing is that I used the SCPH39001 bios and the first graphics plugin on the list, the one that was coded by the guys here and NOT the directx one. That's about all the info I can give you. If you need more, perhaps I can hunt down any additional info you need. Thanks guys!

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
if you are getting a high framerate ona black screen its more than likely the emulator has crashed and isnt doing anything, hence the high framerate at a stable speed, Generally if the emu is working and you are using GSSoft, its unlikely at any point (including loading) that it will go above 30fps, when there is a picture, its more around 2fps (altho it reports it wrong).

All i can suggest is try other games if you can, its likely the ones you are trying dont work

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Also try applying patches, but there is no garuntee that a patch exists so you may have to make one yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts