• Sparkle GeForce 6800GT

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.
I just bought a new graphics card for my pc (I was in seriously need of one-I had a GeForce2). There is just one problem with it-I got a Sparkle GeForce 6800GT instead of an Asus Geforce 6800 GT (which I ordered).
I gotta admit that it comes in a cool box and it`s very convincing, but I`m not interested in the box (I`m not gonna plug the box into my motherboard, now,will I?:p ). And still I could open the box (cause if I opened it then I couldn`t give it back saying that I got the wrong one) to see what is inside (to see the manual for technical details, software, cables,etc.)
So I`m asking you, which one is better : an Asus or a Sparkle graphics card? I can already hear everyone here shouting Asus, but still I want to know why (eg: I read that Asus graphics cards are more stable and more reliable). So besides voting in the poll, please give a little technicall detail on why you prefer that. Also, you can tell me of other companies which you think are better then Asus and Sparcle (eg: maybe Gigabyte), but please also tell me which one of them are better (because I may be restricted to keep the one I have or give this back and receive the one I ordered-I don`t think I can say "but I changed my mind now, I want a Gigabyte card", and because, in my oppinion, Asus was the best one they had to offer).
Thanks in advance to all of you.
Hope I get of this situation soon.:heh:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sparkle makes graphics cards????? I have heard of sparkle the power supply makers but never sparkle the graphic makers. I will go with Asus just because of name recognition. Is a good thing to know with what type of company you are dealing with specially how they deal with defective cards. I had to return a defective nvidia 6800 card. I was pleasantly suprise by how the manufacturer handle the rma. By the way all nvidia 6800 gt suppose to be the same that is they comply with the minimum requirements put by nvidia anything extra is a plus. To be in the safe side of things I would go with Asus.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There`s something fishy about it. The company started to make graphic cards since 2002, but nvidia doesn`t recognise her as a parter. It recognises Asus, Gigabyte, Biostar and others,but not this.
I`m begining to think that Asus is better. At least Asus has some extra features added to it and a reputation.
Edit: For those who want to check out Sparkle`s site, it`s http://www.sparkle.com.tw.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I've seen a lot of cheap machines that says sparkle GeForce.... this is ussualy a bad thing! get the asus one if possible!

·
Terminal Dogma
256 Posts
I have a sparkle 6600gt, and a sparkle 5200 that both run fine, ive also overclocked my ram by 100mhz and my gpu by 20mhz, it runs very stable, i'll admit that asus is probably better but the difference will be negligible.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I was right. You all said Asus (as do I).
Well, I told them today that they gave me the wrong card and they said that they couldn`t find the card that I ordered and gave me this instead. If they didn`t have the card I ordered then they should have told me, not send me another cheap card. Anyway, they took it back, but said that they don`t have an Asus in stock and that I have to wait 2 or 3 more weeks for them to have.Oh well...At least I`m gonna get one in the end.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts