Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newegg.com - ECS Geforce6100PM-M2 AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

I wasnt paying attention to hypertransport or w/e and didn't think it meant anything until I noticed the Kuma said 2600 and the mobo says 2000. Is that a problem? I googled Hypertransports or w/e and it was saying somthing about its depends on the number of cores. so is it 1300 making it compatible?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Yes, however you don't want that mainboard.

ECS, also reffered to as PCChips are low quality manufacturers that are the typical go to guys for OEM boards by HP/Compaq, and have a high death rate.

those links don't work for me since they run through a ad-tracker.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I kinda allready have it lol. I don't mind if itll die in a year or so, just aslong as it won't bottleneck the cpu. Will it bottleneck it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
Well I kinda allready have it lol. I don't mind if itll die in a year or so, just aslong as it won't bottleneck the cpu. Will it bottleneck it?
No, so long as you are using 800MHz DDR2 RAM and have it configured for dual channel mode. In this case, since the maximum supported RAM speed for this board is 800MHz, the RAM itself is the bottleneck. JEDEC has approved DDR2 1066MHz, so if the board supported it, the bottlneck would be a bit less. Nothing to worry about. 800MHz is plenty. ;)

The only bottlenecking that will be occurring will be between the CPU and the I/O subsystem. Since most I/O devices (HDDs, networking devices, CD/DVD ROMs, etc.) can't even approach the maximum bandwidth offered by the CPU, the "bottleneck" is the I/O devices themselves. :/

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I was trying not to confuse the guy masta.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
I was trying not to confuse the guy masta.
What's confusing about my post? :rolleyes:

No, so long as you are using 800MHz DDR2 RAM and have it configured for dual channel mode. In this case, since the maximum supported RAM speed for this board is 800MHz, the RAM itself is the bottleneck. JEDEC has approved DDR2 1066MHz, so if the board supported it, the bottlneck would be a bit less. Nothing to worry about. 800MHz is plenty. ;)

The only bottlenecking that will be occurring will be between the CPU and the I/O subsystem. Since most I/O devices (HDDs, networking devices, CD/DVD ROMs, etc.) can't even approach the maximum bandwidth offered by the CPU, the "bottleneck" is the I/O devices themselves. :/
WTF is this guy going on about? oO

I'm sorry for geeking out on you, moccor. :) In summary, I too am saying that you'll be just fine.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
What's confusing about my post? :rolleyes:

WTF is this guy going on about? oO

I'm sorry for geeking out on you, moccor. :) In summary, I too am saying that you'll be just fine.

:???::???::???::???::???::???::???:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, thanks. I'm fine with the bottlenecks you said would occur. And yes idk what the hell a I/O is.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I was serious, and since you said that I googled it. And the meaning of it doesn't make me wish I knew what it meant. input/output :p. I'd rather say the hardwares name.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts