Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw a thread in the archives with like three posts in, in which one guy basically asked about this, posted his specs, and another guy told him there was nothing he could do.

I found a txt file on google, a guide for various epsxe problems and solutions, and this problem was listed... only there was no solution offered for it. Is there really no solution? I know that some people run this game. Question is then, why can't I? There has to be a way.

I read something about being able to get past it with a save state, although I don't know how much this would work. If it would work, it is possible that someone would make me a savestate of VH2 after the Konami screen and upload it somewhere?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me, it's Pete's DX6 D3D 1.7 on ePSXe 1.5.2, but that doesn't even matter because I tried it on pSX and it does exactly the same thing.

I unfortunately don't know anything about the region of the file I have, but that has to be what it is... I wish that someone knew a fix for this. The only thing I can think of is if someone made me a save state on the menu screen. If someone would do that for me and upload it or email it to me, that would be so awesome.

On another note... I was baffled to learn that pSX uses no plugins and needs no configuring at all. It ran the problem areas I have in Xenogears so smoothely, too. How is this not the more popular emulator? I'm seriously thinking about making the switch to it.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
^
yeah. I figured it had something to do with customization. Thing is, I don't have a GeForce or an AMD or anything like that. MY graphics card is good enough to run the games, but it's not a powerhouse.

I'm really dissaspointed with VHII. I learned from most every other game I've emulated that if you dig hard enough, there's a way to get any game playable. I don't have a PS1 memory card anymore; that's mainly why I emulate. Wish I could play this game.

On the off chance that someone sees this and wants to mail me a save state at some point on the menu screen past the developer screens like the Konami screen, I'll post somewhere to send it..

serowden at gmail dot com; if you do send it, please post here so that I check it.

If I get this this, I'll experiment with it and then upload it somewhere else so that everyone who has this problem can fix it.

I did read somewhere that a save state will get past it, so please. Thanks.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
some games just do not work on a certain emulator (and while rare, some games might not work on any of them), this isnt limited to epsxe either, psx has its share of incompatible games.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, but I mean... what are the chances that the same game doesn't work on two emulators in exactly the same way and it being that it has anything to do with the emulator?

I read in this txt... http://e-lation.emubase.de/sonstiges/book_of_settings.txt
... that you can get it to run in 1.5.2, make a save state, then run it in 1.6 with the save state and play the game past that konami freeze. So... But 1.5.2 is what I use and that doesn't work for me.

And plenty of people run it just fine... I honestly think it's the regional version of the game that I have.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
are you playing from the actual game disc or are you running off an image of it?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what format and how are you loading it, the run ISO option or mounting on a virtual drive? have you attempted to play directly from the disc to see if the same thing happens?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try mounting it on a virtual drive and then configure the CDR plugin to read from it. if that doesnt work then this game is probably one that is difficult to emulate in general or has poor compatibility with most emulators (reasons vary), if this is in fact the case there is little that can be done, i suggest you try out every version of epsxe and all the other psx emulators and see if you get lucky.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it does have a CUE fiel, but I actually have another game that doesn't and it won't run. Is there a way to solve that?

I've pretty much given up on this game. I'm playing Valkyrie Profile now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lol good choice on VP.

If it were me trying to bypass a freezing point, I would put every setting on my video plugin the lowest it can go (in terms of going easy on the graphics card) and then seeing if it can get past the freezing part enough to save and reload on regular settings again.

Of course, if you have already tried this, then I'm not sure what else you could do except grab a save state from someone who could make a save file at the starting screen and see if it runs from there so you can bypass the Konami part.

Hopefully I've helped or more specific questions could be asked for me to attempt to answer. I like to try to be helpful lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts