Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've really stopped using PCSX2 emulator altogether however there still is 1 game (MX Superfly) that still to this day i love to play. Ofcourse i know i could just open PCSX2 and just select MX Superfly, but as i'm literally down to just 1 game now... to be honest i'd rather just have a desktop icon that i could just double click on to open it instead. I also asked this in regards to Dolphin emulator as i also only have 1 Wii game left and was told this...

Right click on the desktop > New > Shortcut

In the path / command, put

(Path to dolphin.exe) -b -e (path to ISO)

I followed that again exactly for what i'm asking now, but when i double click the PS2 icon (the Dolphin one works fine btw) i get this error message...

upload_2017-8-3_4-13-49.png

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tested ;)
pcsx2.exe --fullboot "ISO"
Just a tad confused, do i put it exactly as you did there or where you put "ISO" did you mean put the name of the iso in between those quotation marks? This what i currently have typed into the path and it says file not found...

"D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\EMULATORS\PCSX2\PCSX2 1.4.0\pcsx2.exe--fullboot "ISO"" -b -e "D:\HARD" DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"

Obviously i've made a typo somewhere there, if it's not too much trouble could you please just type exactly how it's supposed to be so i can just copy and paste? Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh sorry, Try
D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\EMULATORS\PCSX2\PCSX2 1.4.0\pcsx2.exe --fullboot "D:\HARD" DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"
--fullboot is required for some games, especially in PAL region, The emulation start with the BIOS when without directly the game

you can also add:
--fullscreen if you want the game dirrectly in fullscreen
--nogui if you don't want the pcsx2 interface, ESC will close the emulator
--guiprompt (with -noogui) if you want to confirm before closing
D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\EMULATORS\PCSX2\PCSX2 1.4.0\pcsx2.exe --nogui --noguiprompt --fullscreen --fullboot "D:\HARD" DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh sorry, Try
D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\EMULATORS\PCSX2\PCSX2 1.4.0\pcsx2.exe --fullboot "D:\HARD" DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"
--fullboot is required for some games, especially in PAL region, The emulation start with the BIOS when without directly the game

you can also add:
--fullscreen if you want the game dirrectly in fullscreen
--nogui if you don't want the pcsx2 interface, ESC will close the emulator
--guiprompt (with -noogui) if you want to confirm before closing
D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\EMULATORS\PCSX2\PCSX2 1.4.0\pcsx2.exe --nogui --noguiprompt --fullscreen --fullboot "D:\HARD" DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"
Thanks for replying but no matter what little tweaks i make to that it just keeps coming up with "file not found"

So just to be clear - this is exactly what i should put in the file path exactly 100% as it's written here...

Just a couple of things (yes i know you're the knowledgeable one here) but firstly shouldn't there be a quotation mark at the start? Also what about the -b -e part? Also do i just put fullboot or fullboot and something after it (with a quotation mark on the end aswell)?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Fu*k I've simply copy paste the path without correcting your little fail (there is a quote after HARD)
"D:\HARD" DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"
"D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"

D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\EMULATORS\PCSX2\PCSX2 1.4.0\pcsx2.exe --fullboot "D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fu*k I've simply copy paste the path without correcting your little fail (there is a quote after HARD)
"D:\HARD" DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"
"D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"

D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\EMULATORS\PCSX2\PCSX2 1.4.0\pcsx2.exe --fullboot "D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"
Look mate, sorry to sound like a broken record, but could you please just put it exactly how it's supposed to be so that literally all i have to do is copy and paste? As i said i'm FAR from a PC expert so all this stuff might aswell be like trying to learn nuclear physics to me! lol. Thanks.

·
Not a new member
237 Posts
Bloody hell, it's like trying to handfeed a baby.

"D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\EMULATORS\PCSX2\PCSX2 1.4.0\pcsx2.exe" --fullboot "D:\HARD DRIVE 1\GAMES\6. LUIGI'S MANSION & MX SUPERFLY\MX Superfly.iso"

Paste that in. If it doesn't work then you gave us the wrong information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts