Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im posting a screen from Resident Evil one remake...it looks....too weird to describe. Any tips on fixing this issue would be great. Im using Dolphin 2475 I believe. Also can someone tell me if my computer is able to emulate?

Amd Phenom x4 9600 2.3Ghz
4 gb ddr 800 ram
Nvidia Geforce 8800GT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks!!!

You rox my sox! Now that I can FINALLY play the game Im noticing its working a little slower than it seems it should...is that typical or is there a workaround for that too? Im getting 25 or so fps while I am in control of my character so its not an FPS issue...again thanks for the previous help and any info on this would be SO appreciated!!! Also just realized for some reason I cant set my x360 controller up in the pad options...for example Ill click the little white box for the 'L' button...it becomes A0...which Im guessing is my mouse left click or something cause I cant press a key on my x360 controller to set it respectively...that also would be a nice fix for me =D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
alright

I got the controller working...still horrible speed issues...Ive seen videos on youtube someone saying they have this running kinda slow but its MUCH faster than what Im experiancing...anyone got any specific settings I should know about to optimize the speed? Thanks!

what confuses me is when I let the game sit at the title screen the demos play through...the speed on those is fine. Its odd that it can handle the demos but not the real gameplay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgive the multiple adds here. I got ahold of Smash bros melee last night before I went to bed and I played a few games....perfect. When I fight team ness its a little slow but like 50fps the whole way...Im guessing the FPS in the emulator is totally diff from the fps of a pc game? Like 20 fps in a First person shooter you will run fine....20 fps in RE remake and you are half speed? If thats true then is it safe to say that unless my computer can run RE remake at 50+ fps it will never be full speed? Again sorry for all the questions Im completely new to this =D

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can play in on DolphinIL version with Optomize Quantizers On it wold be much faster

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright. Im reporting success with version 2475 IL. I have improved framerates and more stable gameplay..I still suffer fps loss on some lighting and when enemies are in view. would it be safe to assume this is simply cause of my suck computer? I see alot of people using this emulator with GTX260 cards. Im noticing the Audio throttle really kills my fps, but turning it off results in me going Flash in some areas and its not fun...is there a value I can edit for the Throttle to maybe get a happy medium? Sorry for rambling, I really want to play this. I bought a gamecube 2 days ago but had to return it because my sony bravia makes the GC look horrible...I couldnt even make out the faces of my character it was so blurry so PC seems the only way Ill be able to do this. Thanks again people, I really appreciate all the help thus far. PS Im not a computer noob, just a dolphin noob. If anyone has advanced suggestions I can keep up =D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.