Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not complaining about the gameplay speed, which is most of the time fine.
but sometimes, especially during the text parts, i feel like speeding up a little, to avoid wasting some time.
i used to do this by pressing the ''+'' button, that changes from ''realtime'' to faster ones like ''unlimited disaster''. but i had to change my pc, and i got a laptop , for personal purposes. Unfortunately my laptop has a smaller keyboard than normal pc ones, the part with the 1,2,3...9 square and the +,- keys, is removed.
The button with ''+'' has no actual effect, so i was wondering if there was another one with the same effect, or more likely, a way to set it differently.

thank you in advance.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
The button with ''+'' has no actual effect...
You may need to hold the "Fn" key or whatever key is assigned to work as the special function key on your laptop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may need to hold the "Fn" key or whatever key is assigned to work as the special function key on your laptop.
i tried and it works. but it is its only pos.
the combination is quite ''uncomfortable'', but that's not the big deal. i may get used to it.
the main problem is, if i press almost anything else, while holding ''fn'' and ''+'', it has other other annoying side effects. for example, the up and down arrows reduce or increase the monitor brightness.

isn't there a way to set it on a different button?

thanks anyways.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
I am afraid you can't change it, it's stuck on the + button.

·
No$gba Philosopher
553 Posts
I thought you can speed it up by setting the emulation speed in the Emulation Options: Realtime * 2.

That doesn't work for CPUs higher than 500 Mhz, right?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
No No No, that's not at all the issue here.

What he wants is to only temporarily speed up the game, similar to how when you record a movie that was on TV you want to fast forward through the adverts quick when watching the recording, so what you do is hit the fast-forward button on your remote and temporarily the recording is sped up till you press play and it returns to normal speed. Well no$gba has something similar so you can skip those boring cutscenes when replaying an RPG for instance, you just press the + button on your keyboard and no$gba is temporarily sped up a lot so you can quickly get past that cutscene, then when you let go it returns to normal speed, exactly the same as your video machine.

His issue however is that using the + button on a laptop is little tricky due to a limitation of keys it's usually assigned to a key that normally does something else, it's only when you press the funtion key that it changed to the + button, however that also changes all the other keys he usually uses to control no$gba...which can have annoying side effects...so what he wants to do is assign the fast forward function assigned to the + button to another button so that he does not have to use the function key....that is however not possible.

Yes the same could pretty much be achieved by manually going into the options and changing the speed and then changing it back again...but that's just so much more of a chore...not to mention the plus button you can release quick...but if it's the menu option it might accidentally be on too long and you might skip something you did not want to skip.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
yes that would be the best solution, it can make things tricky in games requiring lots of stylus use though.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
yes that would be the best solution, it can make thinks tricky in games requiring lots of stylus use though.
"Thinks"? :lol:
Did you mean "things"? :D

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
erm yeah...that's a typo I make a lot these days XD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No No No, that's not at all the issue here.

What he wants is to only temporarily speed up the game, similar to how when you record a movie that was on TV you want to fast forward through the adverts quick when watching the recording, so what you do is hit the fast-forward button on your remote and temporarily the recording is sped up till you press play and it returns to normal speed. Well no$gba has something similar so you can skip those boring cutscenes when replaying an RPG for instance, you just press the + button on your keyboard and no$gba is temporarily sped up a lot so you can quickly get past that cutscene, then when you let go it returns to normal speed, exactly the same as your video machine.

His issue however is that using the + button on a laptop is little tricky due to a limitation of keys it's usually assigned to a key that normally does something else, it's only when you press the funtion key that it changed to the + button, however that also changes all the other keys he usually uses to control no$gba...which can have annoying side effects...so what he wants to do is assign the fast forward function assigned to the + button to another button so that he does not have to use the function key....that is however not possible.

Yes the same could pretty much be achieved by manually going into the options and changing the speed and then changing it back again...but that's just so much more of a chore...not to mention the plus button you can release quick...but if it's the menu option it might accidentally be on too long and you might skip something you did not want to skip.
exactly.

looks like the only possibilty is the xpadder thing.oh well..
if it's not too expensive i'll get the adapter for my xbox 360 pad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.