Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there is an Xbox 360 emulator out there. Because I really want to play some of these games a lot. Well anyway, just let me know if there is one available to use. So thank you very much! :(

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
Current hardware is too weak to emulate x360. Wait for the next 5 years. ;)

·
Never give up your dreams
181 Posts
Even if there was hardware enough, I think it wouldn't a good idea divulge a Xbox 360 emulator right now, certainly, Microsoft would claim. It's better wait for the Microsft's next-gen console to start divulging a Xbox 360 emulator, while they don't launch, work silently is the best option.

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
I was just wondering if there is an Xbox 360 emulator out there. Because I really want to play some of these games a lot. Well anyway, just let me know if there is one available to use. So thank you very much! :(
buy a 360, stop being a scrounge on society

·
Guy With No Title
24 Posts
even if we had powerful enough hardware. we have little to no documentation on how the hardware works. No Documentation= No Emulator

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
The Falcon is comming... get ready...
:evil:

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
@blueshogun96 : So, what happened to "Jasper" then? :D
The Falcon has taken over. It's coming... ready or not. You have been warned...

:evil:

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
I think there is some progress about documentation of the 360,right?
There is, but not enough to emulate games such as Halo 3 yet. There's bits and pieces of information scattered around the net, no one has tried to put it all into one tech doc yet.

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
I could see it now, if an Xbox 360 emulator did exist expect it to run basic homebrew at a mere 0.0000000000000001 FPS. :evil:

·
Never give up your dreams
181 Posts
blueshogun96 said:
There's bits and pieces of information scattered around the net, no one has tried to put it all into one tech doc yet.
We can start making a doc file, can't we? Some months ago, I have tried to put some XEX information that I found around the net. If have anyone who found more info and want to contribute... it could be usable for a developer who want to start making an emulator in the next years, where the hardware will be strong enough and the XEX files will be more documented. I know that isn't good enough comparing with the Caustik's XBE Documentation, but here is my start:

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
The XEX file format has been hacked already. xorloser created XEXTool, but Microsoft told him to stop working on it. And older version of the source code is still around on the net. That's the best source for .xex information right now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The XEX file format has been hacked already. xorloser created XEXTool, but Microsoft told him to stop working on it. And older version of the source code is still around on the net. That's the best source for .xex information right now.
he was worked for Microsoft,they paid him or what?
I mean,from what I've heard the JTAG exploit was found by hackers that worked for Microsoft,that's why they blocked it quite fast with update.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
he was worked for Microsoft,they paid him or what?
I mean,from what I've heard the JTAG exploit was found by hackers that worked for Microsoft,that's why they blocked it quite fast with update.
I doubt it, but it's a possibility. The author of that tool did a lot of reverse engineering to make that tool.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Yes, 3DS games have been dumped, but not decrypted. Any website that claims to have 3DS ROMs, Xbox 360 ISO images, etc, are all pathetic liars. And what good would it do if there's no 3DS emulator? Or a 360 emulator? If high end PCs have trouble running games made from an 11 year old console perfectly, what chance do they have of running Xbox 360 games? You obviously have no idea how emulation works; consoles run on dedicated hardware, whereas emulators trick the PC. To make matters worse, PCs typically use X86/X64 programming languages for the CPU, where some consoles can use PowerPC, ARM, etc for their CPUs; an emulator has to convert the ARM/PPC language into something the X86 CPU understands. And without proper documentation for the 3DS, Xbox 360 or PS3 hardware, there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell of those systems being emulated anytime soon. In ten years? Maybe, but I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up. Oh, and if you value your being a member here, I wouldn't post a link to a ROM site. It's taken nearly ten years for PCSX2 to emulate most PS2 games at full speed and Dolphin took nearly as long. If sixth gen consoles take this long, imagine how much longer seventh gen console would take. It doesn't matter if you have a 10GHz hexa core Intel CPU and a quad SLI nVidia GTX 590, it won't make happy any faster.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.