Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as I already wrote in the title GSdx OpenGL does not work for me.Neither mode works, Neither Software or Hardware works.So are there any other OpenGL Plugins for PCSX2 1.6.0? (Sorry for the mistakes, I'm just not English, I'm Russian)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,553 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, but I'm going to buy a computer soon.With specs-RAM:8GB.SSD 512GB.Processor:AMD Ryzen 3 4300G.Integrated VideoCard:AMD Radeon RX Vega 8.Basic VideoCard:None.HDD:None.OS:Windows 10 Home 64-Bits.Will it be enough to play comfortably?

Reactions: ofernandofilo

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,553 Posts
Yes and no.

The CPU is enough.

GPU is mostly enough. Integrated graphics are not recommended, but Zen2 Vega integrated graphics are surprisingly powerful. Not particularly good enough for running in OpenGL though. It's fine in DX11 mode though as long as you don't crank the internal resolution up past 3x.

·
Registered
134 Posts
OK, but I'm going to buy a computer soon.With specs-RAM:8GB.SSD 512GB.Processor:AMD Ryzen 3 4300G.Integrated VideoCard:AMD Radeon RX Vega 8.Basic VideoCard:None.HDD:None.OS:Windows 10 Home 64-Bits.Will it be enough to play comfortably?
If I'm not mistaken, the most recent version of PCSX2 supports the Vulkan backend as well.

Reactions: ofernandofilo

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,553 Posts
Played around with the Vulkan builds.

I have a laptop with a 4800H, 64GBs RAM, Vega7 iGPU + nVidia RTX 2060. Setting the renderer to Vulkan allows games that only render properly on OpenGL to now render properly (and just as importantly quickly) on AMD hardware.

All games ran full speed with internal resolution set to 4x. (~1440p) True for both the Vega7 and nVidia RTX 2060.

The only issue I ran into was the intro FMV in Ico (it starts if you don't press start on the title screen) is just a black screen. Music plays, no video. Switched to the nVidia GPU, same problem. Switched to OpenGL and then DX11, problem gone. FMVs in other games were fine in Vulkan though.

A recent WIP build added shader cache. Frame drops and stalling weren't bad in older builds, but it should help, especially on older/weak hardware.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts