Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to reduce the inherent lag in games in Visual Boy Advance. For example, the Mega Man games are very laggy. I was wondering if there was a way to reduce that. Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
A little more context would help give others enough insight to offer suggestions that could resolve your issue such as: the platform you're using, if a controller is being used and what type, what symptoms trigger the issue, etc., etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sure. It's not an "issue," per se. I'm talking about the inherent lag in Game Boy games. For instance, Metal Slug 2 for the Neo Geo has a LOT of lag. However, on the WinKawaks emulator, you can remove all the lag by overclocking the emulator. I was wondering if there is something similar you can do in VisualBoyAdvance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah sure. It's not an "issue," per se. I'm talking about the inherent lag in Game Boy games. For instance, Metal Slug 2 for the Neo Geo has a LOT of lag. However, on the WinKawaks emulator, you can remove all the lag by overclocking the emulator. I was wondering if there is something similar you can do in VisualBoyAdvance.
I never have any issues when running VisualBoyAdvance; I currently have version M SVN r1303 installed which I'm aware is outdated. What are the specs of the computer or platform you're using to run VisualBoyAdvance?... Could you provide something similar to my signature.

·
Registered
Dolphin, MAME
2 Posts
I also have never experienced any lag running the VisualBoyAdvance emulator. In most cases It might be the computer specification's problem. I recommend you to dig into that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts