Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to play though Pokemon LG and FR with a friend, and my friend uses a Mac, while I'm on a PC. It doesn't look like there is a version of VBA Link for Mac, and I don't think there is a version of Boycott for PC (that I know of).

Unless there are programs or ways I don't know about, it seems like the only two options are to run VBA Link on Crossover on the Mac, but I don't know if linking over the network will work on Crossover, or I could just transfer the Mac save files to and from my PC and trade Pokemon on one computer, but this pretty much kills any thought of battling Pokemon.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

I know that this is now offtopic for the forum, but do you, by chance, know if both of us using BoycottAdvance will work over two OSes? Also, the site for the Windows version of BoycottAdvance is giving me a 403, so I can't tell what the latest version is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eh, after some looking around, it turns out that the Mac port of Boycott Advance was continued long after the Windows version, so if there is link cable support, it's only in the Mac version.

So I guess it's back to Crossover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.