Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been very impressed with the visual quality that EPSXE can deliver, but the sound is a little on the low end. With Pete's DSound plugin the music is okay but a little muted, the internal is also okay but not spectacular, and Null2's 1.4 SPU has a lot of static although many recommend it.

None of these seem to come close delivering the crisp sound or nice bass effects of VGS. Is this true or am I just configuring the SPU incorrectly?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
yep, i agree VGS is still better overall than any of the psemu pro SPU plugins available.

but still, you should also try Iori's spu, and epsxe internal spu core. You never know which one's the best for your particular system.

I personally prefer Iori's 1.43 (havent had a chance to try 1.44 yet). It comes pretty close to VGS for me.

S

·
0 Posts
Unfortunately, sound is not perfect on ePSXe yet. But it is improving all the time. The best bet is to keep messing w/the the various SPUs until you are happy. That is the best that can be done for now. Sorry.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am using Pete`s MIDAS Audio Driver 1,7 and i am getting very accurate sound with nice quality. I dont know how it compares to VGS since i newer have used it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yup..try different SPU setting and stick with the one
dat satisfied u..dat's the way..
personally..after play epsxe for awhile..me will surely gone mad
with no 3d-enhancement things..anyway..personally only:yawn:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts