Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a guide to getting to use this emulator totally legally? Like with the epsxe you had to dump your ps1 bios, what do you do here exactly? If this question has been asked before, and I'm sure it has, I'm greatly sorry :emb:

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
For ethical emulating and also compliance with local laws (in most countries where enforcable):

- Use original games (this one's a no-brainer. Games under your possesion are the first choice, though lent games also are legal to rip -but not duplicate-, provided that for compliance with law, they are deleted after the original disc is no longer in your physical possession). as long as it is original discs, and they are under your possession, you can use them and backups of them for that time duration.

- To be legally entitled for use of a BIOS file, it should be one ripped by yourself from a console you own. For more, check the PCSX2 online guide.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I totally use my own games. I own my friends Katamari damaci, but as soon as I give it back I'm deleting it off the pc, and I'm going to go get the bios with that nice little guide you gave me. Thanks alot :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.