Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi b4 everyone starts flaming, lemme say its not the usual question of how to lower the speed the games runs on the epsxe emulator,
is quite the opposite really...
the thing is , i've been using psx emulator for a few months, but decided to switch to epsxe for lots of bugs appearing on the psx emulation like getting stuck on cinematics and stuff, but what i've really loved about psx is the "increase-speed function" where by pressing one key the game would run somewhere between 200% and 300% faster that way i could skip the borings parts of some rpg, like looking for some mob and stuff,
so my question is, is there anyway i can do that same thing (pressing a key and speeding things up) on the epsxe emulator?
(no i do not want to lower the graphics and everything run fast, i just want , from time to time , speed things up, maybe i could use an external speedhack, o have a macro/hot key lowering and incresing the emulator Resolution, sprites etc.

ps: does any1 have a ff7 savegame from the point where you go to this guys observatory and one of the chicks says "oh its a shooting star" and a cutscene starts (its on CD1 just after gaining the buggy , and the dog that talks :p), if any of you guys needs more reference about where im stucked i be happy to give, the game crashes at the cutscene :'( (psx emulation, have't tried with the epsxe)

thx bb :D :thumb:

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Press and hold the number "9" key, at least in Pete's OpenGL and Direct3D video plug-ins. I think the P.E.Op.S soft plug-in might be the same. This will unlimit the frame cap, so how fast it goes depends on your PC and video settings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried that, didnt work.
imposting my specs.

also, my game runs at 60 fps aprox whereas cinematics goes to 200fps
is that the same problem lots of guys were having, i should just increase graphics for cinematics to run at a normal speed. (the strange thing is that the game does run at a normal speed , so i dont want the game to run any slower cuz of me increasing graphics.)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
increase the priority of explorer.exe. that'll fix the keyboard lag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not that it doesnt respond correctly it just stops responding, anyway i've tried increasing explorer priority, no changes whatsoever.
i've post my specs, notice anything wrong??
geez didnt anyone ever wished to skip those borings parts that every rpg has and came up with my same issue ??? -_-U :´(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I signed up just to ask this same question. The feature exists on emulators for other systems. It's basically "turbo." I'm playing Suikoden 2 and would lo-o-ove to move around faster when paying attention isn't necessary. Incidentally, I also switched to ePSXe from pSX for the same reasons; I got stuck in OddWorld at Scrabonia.

ps: anyway to import pSX savestates to ePSXe? Convert them and then import? Anyone know a place to find properly formatted save states of various games?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.