Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Yeah, there is a rumor that PS2 BC will be added back later on down the road, but for now the only sure bet is the 60GB NTSC-U/J model PS3.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
$299.99 a SLIM console and $99.99 a new PS2 SLIM is just too much to swallow?

If you really want to play PS2 games (or you want to replay them) then I'd suggest getting a PS2 SLIM instead and forget about the PS3 altogether until the price drops even lower. :)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Ps2 compability on ps3 will not happen again. Why ?
Because Sony wants you to buy a Ps2 for 99 $ / € if you want to play ps2 games..
After the PS2 systems are no longer sold, Sony will want you to buy select titles by downloading them at a hefty price per game for play on the PS3, forget playing your PS2 DVDs on your PS3...

:evil: :angry: :cry:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Let's speculate and condemn based on that speculation!!!
Can you rip your playstation games and play them on your PSP without modding it? No! Can you play PSX games on your PS3 without modding it?

:evil:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Let's speculate and condemn based on that speculation!!!
lets look at the pspgo for a few secconds or more noticably that you have to download the games. with this in mind it is quite justifiable that we would speculate that sony would do the same for ps2 games on the ps3, based on prior events.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Can you rip your playstation games and play them on your PSP without modding it?
Nope. Not allowed due to piracy problems.

Can you play PSX games on your PS3 without modding it?
Yes. Just pop the goddamn disc in and play. PSX games on PSN are only for people who have a hard time finding some PSX games (damn, seriously... FF7 for less than $10 is an insane price) or those who own PSPs.

And no, the PSP Go being download-only does not necessarily mean PS2 games will be downloadable and only playable downloadable. It's the same with PSX games. Sony never shut out PSX emulation for disc-based games.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I'm sure if Sony wanted they could make a program to rip Isos from Playstation disks they could, but they want people to repurchase games. The PSP Go is the future Sony is embracing, download data, no trade in, no buying used games, no sharing...

The digital age will drive gamers like me away from gaming,,,

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
I'm sure if Sony wanted they could make a program to rip Isos from Playstation disks they could, but they want people to repurchase games. The PSP Go is the future Sony is embracing, download data, no trade in, no buying used games, no sharing...
Apple is doing it.

And it's not as if Sony is discontinuing UMD support altogether, nor is it like they are discouraging UMD support. They will still produce UMD games for as long as PSP exists.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Apple is doing it.

And it's not as if Sony is discontinuing UMD support altogether, nor is it like they are discouraging UMD support. They will still produce UMD games for as long as PSP exists.
Just because Apple does it doesn't make the idea good... :evil:

I don't think Sony can do it both ways, maybe they can sell UMDs and downloads, but I can't imagine paying $39.99 for a digital download of a UMD. :angry:

$5.99 for Playstation games I like, fine, :wub: but not $39.99 for UMD games, is Apple selling $39.99 IPod games??? :dead:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
It will drive out more gamers than just me...Why do you think the Wii outsold the PS3?

Casual gamers will be the future, we'll see if they go digital.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
gotta-have-it hype.

optical media is dying. good riddance I say.
And big hard drives last on average what 10 years?

Say goodbye to owning a console for over 10 years...

:evil:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.