Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the sensible answer would be "yes", but I'm not so sure...
It's true that certain games work on it now that didn't before.
Simpsons wrestling for example.. (which is a crap game btw)

But it seems..I'm not sure if anybody else has the same problem.. that using the phantom cd-from daemon tools to simulate a CD-rom doesn't work anymore... and I have trouble getting any ISOs to work..
and games such as Tekken 3 run even worse than before..
I seem to get "Error reading CD" far more often than before

I have a 1.1Gig AMD. 256K geforce 2...
I don't think my computer is the problem.

I've been testing all my games all day, (I have a lot) and on a whole I feel that the new version is worse than the old one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i haven't noticed anything MAJOR. but updates are always welcomed. personally I'm eagerly awaiting the netplay implementation! *cough* tekken 3 ..... online :) w00t w00t!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Many games that had small problems now are perfect, so my answer is yes :D this new version is the best, and it is already better than the VGS, at least for my :)

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
THe list of improvements for me so far.......:

FF7 doesn't crash anymore
Tekken 3 runs better
Dino Crisis runs perfect(voices and everything)
gT2 runs flawlessly
FF8 runs flawlessly
FF9 runs almost pefect(sound looping still there but less noticible with internal pluggin)
REsident evil 2 run perfect now(no more sound problems)
MEtel Gear solid run better(less sound bugs)
running iso games without a problem......
Every other game I have runs better overall.....

So my answer would be, yes, it's better than 1.2......

S

·
0 Posts
yep, it's better...small fixes, but they make a lot of games much better playable....
and new logo r0x0rz ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
It's closer to perfection with every release.

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
of course, it's better

S

·
0 Posts
It is better definately. Every release has been an improvement over the last one. If you seem to have a problem that you didn't before, then you may need to do something a little differently than you did. This is often the case w/new versions of things, you have to change some things to get them to work well. I am very impressed, Doom now works, Castlevania has perfect speech, Gauntlet Legends has all it's music and sounds and the list goes on.
Just keep working w/your problems and ask for help when necessary, I'm sure you'll start to see improvements.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've found that just about everything in Tony Hawk 2 runs better, there's less lag when making selections in the menu and far less skipping when running the game off a CD.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
I haven't had a single error w/ this version yet (knox on wood ;) )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts