Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about u guys, but this new server has no doubt works not so good for me. It loads slower than the old server.

What about u?

B

·
0 Posts
Speed is a know issue right now, especially from countries other than the US. However, the host we're with is moving to a new data center right now, and should be finished by the end of the year/early january. There, the server has tons more of possibilities to send and recive data from all over the world (everything from OC192 down to OC3 lines is there).

On the other hand, this server has tons of advantages for us. For example, it's now possible to create mails, subdomains, FTP logins and much more within minutes - compared to days and even weeks before, where we had to request them. Furthermore, we aren't using one server with several other pages together any more, where one slowdown brings down the whole net.

I think the last issues will be resolved soon, and belive me, I'm more than happy with the new server.

K

·
0 Posts
I agree there is many advantages of running a server of your own. Congrats Bobbi!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
New server seems to be ok.Not much difference in speed.As soon as the bugs are solved I will be quite happy with it.:)

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I noticed a small slowdown, but I don't really care since it's not a big difference. If others are taking advantage from the server change, then I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
No complaints here, excepting attachments. Any idea when those will be fixed, Bobbi? Other than that, nice work on the new server ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts