Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What U are about to read is not related o any of the problem in the emulator neither some compatability nor the news about some new emulator.This article is related to the diminishing existence of the emulation world..........!

Lets start about three year ago when the emulation started.One of the best emulators of that time was PSemu Pro.Day after day it progressed.There were tons of updates every week or U can say months.

The release of Bleem and VGS were a new light to the emulation.These emulators proved to the world that emulators can play all the games in the computer.Then the free wmu got aheaf of the commercial ones.Like epsxe,fpse,adripsx,psinex etc........

During the past six months the emulation is going very slow.There are hardly any updates.Not only now psxemu lacks updates but it also lacks news.I am sorry to say that the emu authors donot even give a single news about the progress of their emu.

Each day I go to psxemu site to look for some upgrades and news but there are news which are more than a week old.Is that it.......

I mean that has the emulation reached it's end or our minds are not enough to make progress.......!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not addressed any author in this post...if any one thinks that I have insulted him or disgraced him then I am sorry
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well, emulation with the PSX may be diying down, but emulation in general is still thriving strong and allways expanding... Most of these emu authors have day jobs, and wife, kids, parents, birthdays, ect.. So its my speculation that they are just busy... Plus, have you ever worked on a program for 3 years? just for the satisfaction and experice of doing it? I have. It can only last soo long before you move on to something else...

But have no fear, i hope if any of these emu authors abandon thier products, they will relsease the source code so it can contiune to grow...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
What whole point of this article about???
He just want to said psx emu site report late news and emu authors not gave news to psx emu site???
I think that not ture....................
Look.........FPSE,AdriPSX just release their new version of emulator..........and ePSXe will release version 1.40 soon
PSXEmu.com keep report news well (That why I am here)...........
What he want to tell??? I don't get it:confused:

C

·
0 Posts
PSX emulation news isn't that slow, certain people just neglect to post news they receive when they receive it..

S

·
0 Posts
Dan, I know you have a hard time understanding Enigma's posts, but please remember that he is from Thailand. Since he is from Thailand, English is obviously not his first language and he is doing the best he can.
Engima, Liaqatali is simply stating the he feels that emulation has dropped off somewhat. He seems to be afraid that the emulators that we all know and like so well will die out.
Liaqatali, I don't agree that emulation is dieing. It seems to slow down and then pick up again. Just when you think nothing new is coming, BANG, something new appears. I do agree w/Dan that the authors have private lives to attend to and that even they may get a little burnt out fromm time to time. When this happens, then they need to rest, lest they just say "Forget it" and drop the emulator entirely. Don't woryy, I think we will be seeing updates and new things for some time to come.
Pete, happiest of Birthdays and many many more to come.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happy Birthday Pete!.....hey man U are getting OLD.......hehe:)

Okay now about the doubts U guys are having that what I meant by this post.sxamiga got it exactly what I meant.The emulation is getting slower and slower.But hopes are always there to help us.....so lets hope that emulation gets a but strength in it with the pessage of time.

Ali
M.L.A

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
the psx emulation scene nears completion w/ the release of epsxe version 1.4. i can smell it. it smells good.perfection is on the horizon. the emulators will come together to form an ultimate mother of an emulator to be reckoned w/...ok...it's late and my imagination is drifting... :D

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
oooooh, ooooh, it'll be called fpsxvgadrible(insert what i forgot)station

·
Registered
874 Posts
thanx for the birthday congrats... my birthday is in december, but still: thanx alot :):):)

btw, bobbie, calb (and my girlfriend) are celebrating their birthdays in june :p

·
Registered
313 Posts
Science fiction ....I love it!!:D
Now here goes my vision of the future:
One some rich kid says "Daddy daddy give $3000000 USD" and his dad gave him the money. Let's say that kid was a emulation freak, here's his idea:
He goes to psxemu forum talk to all emu experts, Pete, Lewpys, bobbi, Galtor, Mr Frog,calb, and many many more (sorry for those i forgot to mention) and agrees with them to pay them a fair amout of many so that that travel to a near country and get togehter to make the ultimate emulator!!!! They would be called " The ELITE" if this is going to turn into movie this would also be the title.
Then, they wouldn't have to worry with their day jobs or so, they would make the UPSXE (ultimate psx emulator) and they live hapily ever after..... (almost comes a tear to my eyes when i think of this
:( )
I could be that boy........but i haven't got $3000000 USD. :( :(
If this doesn't happen in true life, it could at happen in HollyWood, right? :p

B

·
0 Posts
Well, we certainly could produce more news and keep the scene running more with shots from unreleased emus (we have quite some nice ones), status updates etc.

But to take nice shots, to write editorials and all that are things, which take time - time I myself prefer to spend into our new project NGEmu. But let me assure you, when NGEmu opens there will already be some cool features coming with it, and we'll get the scene a bit more alive with regular status updates and much more - but NGEmu takes time (although I agree that, for several months, we just stopped development of it ... reasons aren't meant for the public though) - but we're getting further and further thanks to the help from people who're not known in the emu scene yet but are very skilled and helpful !

Enough talking, PSX emulation scene isn't dead yet - the next weeks should have at least! 3 different emulator releases, which I'm currently looking forward to - and so should you.

Did I mention my nick is Bobbi ? :D

S

·
0 Posts
Guess I goofed on Pete's b-day:emb: But he said yours is in June, Bobbi. So, Happy Birthday!!!:D :D My daughters is June 17th. Is that near or far from yours, if you feel like saying that is.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
calb's was a few days ago if I recall, sadly I do not remember how old he became :/ Bobbi's is on the twentieth, he'll be eighteen..

And last but certainly not least, Sandie's is on the thirthieth ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts