Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· The seeker of perfection
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, my monitor just died on me (it didn't turn on).
I bought a new one and in 2 months it started malfuntioning (this time the colors degraded and the picture was shown moved to the left or right while the refresh rate seemed like 40Hz) and i had it repaired.
Then 2 weeks after that my video card died (it didn't seem to be recognized by the system but it was not fried)
Now 2 months after all this my dvd-rw that has been with me for 6 months just died too. The motor doesn't spin any disc.

Please tell me it's just bad luck because i can't seem to find any answer. I don't think my no-break (which is old) or my psu have anything to do with this. Do they?

· Registered
212 Posts
i'd replace the psu btw, if its a cheap generic one, however psu, shouldnt be able to cause ne problems with ur monitor, unless u were usng a pass through cable, then it can be possible, just unlikely. (eg monitor should run off its own pwoer lead, rather than from the psu), check the wattage etc which ur comp uses, then allow some headroom for future upgrades, tagan / enermax psus rock btw, a little more expensive, but well worth it if your doing any overlocking and the likes

4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, i bought every part separately. It's really hot these days in my place, almost 42ºC but i keep my computer under air conditioned. My bios has always said my proccesor temp is 80ºC but that i guess my bios needs a flashing.
And i'm not using any pass through cable btw
:cry:

4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, the lights are ok, so i'd like to know if it's my psu not providing enough power but i gues that's not the answer.
Ohh, and my procesor temp is pretty high even when it's checked in the bios after half a minute of being turned on. I was suggested it was a bios needing a flash and i guess they are right since my temp keeps the same even after playing games.

· Registered
177 Posts
Kazuya Mishima said:
I was suggested it was a bios needing a flash and i guess they are right since my temp keeps the same even after playing games.
well i don't think that's something about the bios
maybe the cpu is quite old and tired
take a look at your pc internals and heatsinks first (for dust or other garbage :p)
check if internal cables are well linked

my old cpu was already at 60°C just using winamp
with my new pc(look at the sig) it goes up to 55°C "only" if i compile a huge program :)D). it stays at 28°C when i do light tasks
if you have to flash your bios, check if this "problem" is solveable with the upgrade, (bios changelog etc) if not... there's no need to

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.