Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought an N64, and was unpleasently suprised how bad the framerate is compared to my computer. On my PC, there are no modifications to the roms or anything; the just run alot smoother and dont slow down as much. Is there any truth to this, or is my n64 broken?

OH, i just got it. You saw my OTHER post. I dont get it though...dont you have to modify PAL consoles to play NSTC games?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
indeed, the cartidge is notched differently to prevent PAL accepting ntsc carts and the other way iirc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
In reference to your question about PAL/NTSC games:

The only way, is to get a NTSC N64 if you want to play NTSC games. Likewise for PAL N64's, which can only play PAL games.
unless you get an import adaptor of course, theyre cheap and easily to get normally.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You don't need an adapter all you need to do is open up you're console and file out two squares (There was a tutorial on ign)

N64 Hardware Guide - IGNguides
thats only for NTSC US N64's though, US-Jap games are compatable, Pal to NTSC (Jap/US) arnt, so us Pal boys still need an adaptor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.