Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
GET OVER HERE
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading Jabo's blog it sounds like he's out of the project, and there hasnt been much word from Zilmar in a long long time, does this mean PJ64 is dead? and if it is, how come theres Pj64 1.7 builds floating around on different sites? i thought 1.6 was the last version

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Project64 is not dead. 1.7 does not so far compare well with the 1.6 branch, so 1.6 remains recommended, with recent ARBs and plugins. More recent fixed builds than officially available can be compiled from source on the pj64 repository on Google code.

·
GET OVER HERE
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply :D i found that jabo also released updated plugins for it! close enough for me, 1.6 it is then :D

btw, isnt project64 closed source since way back with 1.4? >.>

@Squall, i like getting my info from ngemu, more reliable ;D

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
It was closed source, but 1.6 is open source now.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
yet you moan about it being removed by the original leaker.
:rolleyes:
Your point being?
talk about beating a dead horse

·
GET OVER HERE
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah about that leak, if project64's source code is available to anyone how come that leak by mudlord made news? :L

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
I see nothing immoral about its release. The authors all but ceased working on it, so why shouldn't the public have the right to continue a legacy?

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Not anymore, someone named Deathdroid is maintaining it.

·
218 Posts
That is somewhat promising, since mudlord somewhat left while *it* was redoing audio emulation....Shame. Have to wonder why the person bothers to make anything?

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
That is somewhat promising, since mudlord somewhat left while *it* was redoing audio emulation....Shame. Have to wonder why the person bothers to make anything?
It's mudlord, that's why.

·
218 Posts
Heh, I guess thats a good a reason as any. The name alone deserves irrational hatred among all. last i heard, mudlord also does demoscene work on the side...

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Let's hope someone rewrites the audio code and get games like Hybrid Heaven running properly.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Edit: Oh, good, looks like the wanker was dealt with.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts