Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've downloaded the newest version of PCSX2, the 0.9.6 version.
Here is my computer specs and what I have set for the configuration.

I am a newbie around here so take a break on me.

Comp. Specs
CPU = Pentium 4, 3.0GHz
RAM = 1.5GB
Video Card = ATI Radeon X600 Series Secondary

PCSX2 Configuration
Graphics = ZeroGS 0.79.1
Sound = ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6
Controller = Lilypad 0.9.11
Cdvdrom = Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
Dev9null Driver 0.3.0
Firewire = FWnull Driver 0.4.0
Usb = USBnull Driver 0.5.0

I am playing Kingdom Hearts as an iso and its running around 30 fps most of the time. Its supposed to be at least 60 fps. This is like playing it at half speed and its not very fun.

Is there anything I can do that will speed up the game or is my computer just too old?

Any suggestions would be great. I know I probably sound like an idiot but I am pretty new at this emulator stuff.

Now that that is answered. Does Anybody know what my computer specs would have to be to run the game at full speed.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
30 FPS is pretty good for that PC, to be honest. Make sure you have the speed hacks enabled, and if using GSDX, make sure you have Native checked. That's about all you can do with that PC.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I've downloaded the newest version of PCSX2, the 0.9.6 version.
Here is my computer specs and what I have set for the configuration.

I am a newbie around here so take a break on me.

Comp. Specs
CPU = Pentium 4, 3.0GHz
RAM = 1.5GB
Video Card = ATI Radeon X600 Series Secondary

PCSX2 Configuration
Graphics = ZeroGS 0.79.1
Sound = ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6
Controller = Lilypad 0.9.11
Cdvdrom = Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
Dev9null Driver 0.3.0
Firewire = FWnull Driver 0.4.0
Usb = USBnull Driver 0.5.0

I am playing Kingdom Hearts as an iso and its running around 30 fps most of the time. Its supposed to be at least 60 fps. This is like playing it at half speed and its not very fun.

Is there anything I can do that will speed up the game or is my computer just too old?

Any suggestions would be great. I know I probably sound like an idiot but I am pretty new at this emulator stuff.

Now that that is answered. Does Anybody know what my computer specs would have to be to run the game at full speed.
use gsdx sse2 version(not ssse3). Also try older versions of gsdx like 0.1.8 since they stress more on fps rather than quality.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
Your computer is ancient and it is considered crappy for pcsx2. Faster speed doesn't come free. Even a Core 2 at 4GHz wouldn't be enough for full speed on some games.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.