Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i tried using the latest version of epsxe with pete's opengl/cdrom/audio plugins using sch1001.bin bios, and when i play a game, it's really slow. i even tried turning off the audio, and setting to the video option to "fastest"

my setup is:

Duron 800
512MB PC133 CL2
Geforce256 DDR 32MB with lastest Nvidia Detonator Drivers
Diamond Monster Sound MX300 Sound Card
Seagate 80GB Barracuda 7200RPMS HD
24x10x40 CDRW
Windows 2000 Professional with latest updates

apprecaiate any help. thanks

· Registered
12,014 Posts
Have you tried the D3D or Pete's software plugins? They might be faster. As for audio plugins, try Iori's, since it's a bit faster and not that much of a drop in quality. If it's still slow, try playing your game(s) from the ISO.

· Registered
1,246 Posts
Don't forget to check if the full vram primitives box is unticked.

Also, check the fsaa level, don't play at high resolutions w/ 4x fsaa for example.
Finally, since you are using pete's cdr plugin, untick the enable cdda sound in the sound configuration pannel. (thx Betamax for the tip btw)

Hope that'll help.

Happy new year

· Registered
3 Posts
Well, your computer is better than mine, so you shouldn't have any problems - if it's set up right.

Let's see...

- try using Pete's Soft Plugin, set at fullscreen 640x480, 16bit, use FPS limit, FPS limit=68 FPS, scanlines disabled

This is what I use. You can also try enabling frame skipping on your video plugin, either the openGL one or the software one. Set the fps at somewhere between 60-70, whatever works best. That will speed things up, but things don't look/sound as good because of the skipped frames.

· Registered
5 Posts
I've got a PIII 450 and a TNT 64 and I can still run games full speed at a decent video rate, so I don't think that your hardware is the cause of your slowdown. If you notice problems with other PC games running on your system a newer video card can make a world of difference, though.:)

· Registered
9,992 Posts
In all likihood you are suffering from the Win 2K/XP CDDA bug. Basically if you use an external plugin w/ CDDA in these Os's it takes forever for a game to load. My advice is to do exactly like Rargh said and switch it off. (Thanks for the credit but it was Pete who spotted this)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.