Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just asking is my cpu dieing because i been using and now my pc is getting slower and slower no spware cheaked plus viruses. It cant be heat it idels at 28c and full loads at 36c.

Quad Core Q9650 3.0ghz

But i keep getting bsod slower and slower even reintalled and some times it dosent turn on.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Are you opening and keeping more and more programs on?

CPUs usually don't die slowly...they go out with a bang. So chances of that happening to you is pretty slim.

A hard drive failure is more likely. How did you test them on the old system? And not to alarm you...but there's been stuff floating around on how the 1TB drives are kinda...not reliable. Test them again. Something new might've popped up. Oh, and just because they're new doesn't mean they're not faulty.

I'd do a RAM check too just to be safe.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Certainly a possibility as well. Dying PS voltage regulators can cause the motherboard's voltage regulators to begin dying.

Check the voltage regulators' capacitors and see if they are beginning to leak or if the tops are starting to "balloon" outward.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Just goes to show that watts mean squat if the quality is subpar.

I've never heard of Croshire, and neither has Google, unless you add the word "PSU" with it, in which one of the few results leads to one of your threads on these forums, and of the rest, none have the result "Croshire" as being the PSU, so go figure. Is that a word for something else?

My guess would have been on the RAM, PSU, or HDD, with a small possibility it being the motherboard, in that order, either due to configuration issues or the actual hardware failing.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
BSODs can sometimes caused by drivers. Best to be up to date with all of your drivers mainly: gpu, sound, wifi/lan, etc.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.