Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
In limbo
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that both use a fair amount of 3D in their backgrounds. Is there a possibility roms of these games could be released and run on a multi-arcade emu like Kawaks?

·
Registered
324 Posts
anything is possible...they aren't cps2 , they run on newer hardware. would be nice to play mvc2 on the computer, its one of my favorite fighting games. bit to easy though.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by BaD_BURN
I noticed that both use a fair amount of 3D in their backgrounds. Is there a possibility roms of these games could be released and run on a multi-arcade emu like Kawaks?
These games are definitely NOT CPS2 games.. they're based on the Sega Naomi board (which is on par as a DreamCast hardware? can someone confirm this), IIRC.

·
Registered
965 Posts
For future reference System 16 is a nice place for info on Sega arcade hardware. It recently expanded to cover a few other manufacturers as well.

S

·
0 Posts
you probably won't see those games emulated soon....but you can always get a DC....they're cheap :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
A nice thing about the Naomi board is the potential use of vectors it can afford. The King of Fighters '98 for Dreamcast used this feature with the backgrounds work. It's like as if they were WMF images, but in 3D context. It was nice to watch that. :)

S

·
0 Posts
the backgrounds in capcom vs snk 2 fit pretty well too. They're 3D (unlike the first capcom vs snk), but have a 2d look, allthough the characters are kinda pixelated compared to the background (especially on a vgabox).

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Too bad I didn't get to see it yet... what characters are in it? At least Gouki and Ryo MUST be in it... it would be cool to have some samurais from SS and LB in as well, but I'm sure SNK didn't do it...? :(

S

·
0 Posts
hibiki, nakoruru and also the main character (forgot his name, hoahmaru or something?) of samurai showdown are in Capcom VS SNK 2. Gouki and Ryo are in both the first and second Capcom VS SNK games, allthough Gouki is a hidden character in the first.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Aaahh, so we DO have some samurais there. That's a nice mix. Haohmaru (SS) is my preference, but I also like Moryia (LB) very much... actually I prefer Moryia than Kaede :)

Samor, what else? Do we have good features in it? I mean... when Street Fighter Alpha 3 came out, I was 'horrified' by the great appearance of the game (the animations, scenes, intros... everythingis anymated, we don't have fade in/fade out screens anymore)!! In your opinion how's SvsC2 like?

S

·
0 Posts
I like it better than Alpha 3 personally. Lots of fighting styles to choose from, a great cast of characters, and just great gameplay. Also lots of improvements over the already great first Capcom VS SNK. For example, in the first one, some kof characters (like kyo) didnt play very well, but in cap vs snk2 they play like they should. If you choose an SNK fighting style you can now run, like in KOF. And the ratio-system is improved (you can select which character is the strongest), while there's also an option to just play 3 vs 3, kof-style.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts