Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty content with my current SSD an 128 Gb Samsung 860 EVO, even space wise i have no problems, but i could give it up towards my mom's build and switch to an M2 250 Gb Samsung 860 EVO. Now i know that on paper the transfers speeds are better, but besides the extra size which like i said doesn't really matter for me, is it worth getting it ? In my day to day usage will it make a noticeable difference ?

This is my current config, just ignore everything under DVD-RW as i changed some of those:

·
Administrator
15,417 Posts
depends on which one you are talking about sata m.2 or nvme m.2

nvme not worth it just for general pc use or gaming, sata m.2 is no different from using a regular sata ssd but no cables is nice.

I would just get another regular ssd since its cheaper than the m.2 form factor.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one I posted is the m2 sata, and it will dissable my first sata port if I use it, but it seems that if I use an m2 pcie x4 drive it stays active, and I found a nice intel 760p series 256 gb m2 drive, I might go with that (price is pretty similar to an equivalent regular sata ssd at the size size).

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,825 Posts
From personal use, I have an m.2 nvme in my home workstation and a regular SATA SSD in my machine at work, I do not really notice much of a noticeable difference between the two for use in CAD work or general use. If you don't want to use sata cables, it can be pretty nice, but it also depends on the mobo and how it handles the m.2 ports.

If you have the cash and don't care, m.2 is pretty awesome, but I would be happy enough to give it up in order to get a larger capacity drive.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info and feedback all:). Actually after some thought i gave up up on the idea, i always was the kind of person that generally supports the idea that "if it aint broken dont fix it" and after some thought i think it more worth spending the extra money on my mom's pc., plus i still have 3 games left this year i really wanna grab.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts