Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive checked PC stores and ive check online, ive work'd out that the price comes to about the same.

so can people give some advice on which sites are the best, and any other type of advice. i wanna build a pc which is an all round pc which can play i PCSX2 with no problems and i can test new stuff software like new OS's and heavy load software's.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
The same as what?

What's your budget?

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Wait... Let me see if understand you well.

You calculated that the pc you were going to build would be approximately 800, and you want our opinion on what PC you should get?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Actually it can be worth getting a pre built system, but not those of Dell, HP and other big ones. They cut corners everywhere. The prebuilt system I'd get is something with a good processor and motherboard, and a power supply with some headroom for a high end videocard. You also want to see if it includes an OS or not.

The reason is that it's usually the GPU that you have to pay the headprice for, while it's the easiest to upgrade.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait... Let me see if understand you well.

You calculated that the pc you were going to build would be approximately 800, and you want our opinion on what PC you should get?
i got much more than £800 if i need to use it im justing trying to stay in a budget, i want a pc which is for testing software and programing not just for gaming and gaming only(i only play gba and ds at most). it depends if i can build a good computer base for £800 i expand the budget to get other stuff, if not i stay in the budget.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
if you mention alienware i'm gunna tase you Cid :p

Alienware use low quality components then charge you the world for it.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I did a powerpoint presentation for my public speaking class about buying name brands vs. building yourself. I deleted it awhile ago, but I think it came to around a 50 - 75$ savings after shipping.

Build it yourself if you have the know-how. If something ever goes wrong, your can RMA the component instead of sending the whole computer back

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
if you mention alienware i'm gunna tase you Cid :p

Alienware use low quality components then charge you the world for it.
Alienware, what's that? :p

I'm not from the States, so our choices are much more limited, unless you want to go for these high end Dell systems. Most people get a pre-built computer from a local store, or something like Dixons or a nation wide store-chain.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
I configured a $15,000 alienware one time lol. The depreciation would suck

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts

The first one comes around 900GBP.
The second comes around 822GBP.

For PCSX2, the first will perform better. For general gaming the second will perform better. (I assume you will overclock your system considerably). Also, for the time being, don't bother with XP or Vista. Just go ahead and get yourself a Windows 7 beta installation of the net (perfectly legal).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts