Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumb: I have to admit that I am quite satisfied with the peformance of current ePSXe for Linux. But the only thing that I don't like is ePSXe still use the GTK1.2 for GUI. Not only GTK1.2 is ugly, but it'll take you more space to have libgtk1.2 reside on your partition. GTK2 is more beautiful, supports many eyecandy and the new GTK2.80 now officially support Vector Based engine Cairo which brings even more eye-candy to users when some Cairo GTK based theme release. I am aware that ePSXe members are pretty busy with their real life, so why not open-source the code and let community give the project a hand?
As ppl might have known, the N64 emulator 'mupen64' has begun to migrate to GTK2 that mark a huge milestone for their Linux version. Since the mugen64 core move to GTK2, all the plugins must write new GTK2 Front-end for their Configurator Front-end which is nice. Can ppl imagine Pete's plugin with GTK2 front-end? That must be so cool, :p which also mean Pete needs to spend some time to learn GTK2 :p . Btw, I found a guy who claimed to finish the GTK2 front-end for Pete X11 plugins configurator. Here is the website address: http://opax.swin.edu.au/~2529386. I've e-mailed him to ask him to submit the patch but I haven't got any replies from him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How about a native KDE / QT version aswell while we are talking :p
Qt has always had hardware acceleration and many of the applications actually need it to run wether thats through Mesagl or Your Graphics card drivers.
I'm not too fussed on if its open source or not I just would like Qt to be supported as its my Desktop of choice and probably many other linux users

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.