Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a technician take a look at our aging AC unit and he said the dust clogging around the circular rotating fan thing is causing the problem. Letting him do it would cost $120. It doesn't look too hard and I'm thinking either use towels or handheld vaccums would do the job. Is it safe to mess with the AC?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
You mean the Power Suply??
Ive done a lot of cleaning on those things, with no problem at all.

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
stilz said:
We had a technician take a look at our aging AC unit and he said the dust clogging around the circular rotating fan thing is causing the problem. Letting him do it would cost $120. It doesn't look too hard and I'm thinking either use towels or handheld vaccums would do the job. Is it safe to mess with the AC?
Do you mean the external radiator unit or the internal cooling unit?
I remember the fins on the de-condensor (radiator, whatever that cooling thing is) being pretty sharp, atleast on my AC. Other than that and alot of bacteria I dont see any harm, but from what I get the professionals normally clean it with some sort of chemical as well... vacuums might work just as well though.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Oh, never touched such thing, sorry. :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the internal cooling unit, placed in the attic.
Hm.. how do I 'unplug' the AC unit? I did see the technician turned the unit off, I suppose there is a switch. As far as grounding, do I touch the metal part of the case? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts